Honda LPGA Thailand Preview, Pairings, and Much More.

tonyj5

Honda LPGA Thailand Preview, Pairings, and Much More.

Postby tonyj5 » Sun Feb 19, 2017 8:36 pm

This week the LPGA moves to Thailand for the playing of the Honda LPGA Thailand. Last season brought us close finishes in almost every tournament.....but this was not one of them. Lexi Thompson's twenty under par total of 268 blew away the field, and was 6 strokes better than runner-up In Gee Chun and 7 strokes better than 3rd place finishers Jessica Korda and Amy Yang. It was Lexi's 7th win on the LPGA tour.

http://www.tonyslpgareport.com/2017/02/ ... rings.html

tonyj5

Re: Honda LPGA Thailand Preview, Pairings, and Much More.

Postby tonyj5 » Tue Feb 21, 2017 12:24 pm

The first round pairings have now been posted:

tonyj5

Postby tonyj5 » Thu Feb 23, 2017 2:00 pm

Here are the leaders after round 1:

1 Amy Yang -6
1 Ariya Jutanugarn -6
3 Minjee Lee -5
3 Sei Young Kim -5
3 Ryann O'Toole -5
3 Shanshan Feng -5

For more scores:

tonyj5

Postby tonyj5 » Fri Feb 24, 2017 1:09 pm

Play was suspended because of rain and lightning in round 2. Most of the players have started, but some of the leaders have not. Play will resume today at 7:00am local time.

Here are the leaders when play was halted:

1 Ariya Jutanugarn -6 (did not start)
1 Amy Yang -6 (did not start)
3 Danielle Kang -5 (played 1 hole and birdied)

More more scores:

legitimatebeef
dogs: 1

Postby legitimatebeef » Sat Feb 25, 2017 5:27 pm

Really good leaderboard going into the final round you jackoffs. It's on tonight starting at 10 PST. What else you doing at that time :fkno Lot of really good swings among these players. Amy Yang who currently leads has the smoothest action in all of pro golf. It defies expectations. She hits decently long too. The downswing though, is so eased and manageable looking it makes you wonder, how could anything ever go wrong for her.
insufficient data

legitimatebeef

Postby legitimatebeef » Mon Feb 27, 2017 12:09 pm

Amy Yang delivered such a thorough beating and thank God. I like the LPGA ladies and all but sometimes it's good to see them put in their goddamn place. Everyone tends to gravitate towards the grinning glad-handing fame whore types, but for one week at least the spotlight was on the quiet, humble player with the sublime swing. And why the F not? I am likely going to attend the US Open for Women this summer, and Amy Yang is going to be on my must-see list.
insufficient data

DougE

Postby DougE » Mon Feb 27, 2017 12:53 pm

Unfortunately, the LPGA US Open is at an 'I-am-the-all-knowing-and-powerful, greatest man-boy to ever live' Donald Dumbass facility. As much as I'd really enjoy watching the girls play again (last time I saw them at Westchester CC a couple/few years ago), I just can't go there to see them, based purely on principle. Besides, I'd likely get arrested for defacing some of the thousands of pictures of him which will surely be displayed prominently around the clubhouse and grounds.

legitimatebeef

Postby legitimatebeef » Mon Feb 27, 2017 3:21 pm

DougE as much as I agree with your rejection of El Donaldo, I don't agree with that kind of recoiling in horror. I will admit that while my initial reaction to finding out this year's USWO would be held nearby was :yess, my reaction to then finding out it's on a Trump course was more like a dry heave. Now I am coming to terms with the shittiness of the world. I am determined to enjoy this historic spectacle in real time (you know, while we still can and everything). I listen to Trump speak every chance I get now. I sit there and parse his words and marvel at the depths of his basic stupidity. His obvious struggles to formulate thoughts, and then to articulate those foggy thoughts into words. If you compare footage of him speaking from even a year ago, it's plain to see that the man's brain is eroding. Come now, let us at least mine this situation for all its entertainment value.

Anyways I digress. I am looking forward to setting foot on Trump's property. I look forward to taking photos of all the stupid, fake-lux Trump crap, Trump oil painting portraits, gold-plated toilet paper holders or whatever, and posting them for all the world to see.
insufficient data

Return to “Golf on TV Forum”