2017 LPGA thread

legitimatebeef
dogs: 1

Re: 2017 LPGA / US Women's Open

Postby legitimatebeef » Tue Jul 11, 2017 9:41 am

Well it looks like Donald Trump has the exact same plans for the weekend as I do. Or did. Attending the US Women's Open.

Jesus Christ what a prick, and a moron. He ought to croak already. It's not fair, either to regular folks like me who just wanted to attend a boring ass professional women's golf tournament and not find themselves in the middle of some retarded sad media circus that has nothing to do with golf. Not fair to the players either. Even Brittany Lincicome (obvious Trump supporter) has come out and said that she hopes he doesn't show up, for the sake of the tournament and the players. :facepalm

I realize this a public post, and probably there are lurking alt-right retards who will have an issue with it. That's cool. These little Trump loving ass pirates can just sign up for an account and let us know exactly they feel. I am waiting for them.
insufficient data

GBOGEY

Re: 2017 LPGA thread

Postby GBOGEY » Thu Jul 13, 2017 8:43 am

I might try to go Friday. Funny story, but wife has several friends who are members (the course is about 10 miles from my house). When Trump is visiting, they have to pop their hoods and trunks for inspection by the Secret Service. Theses ladies were swapping stories about how they had no idea on how to open their hoods.

legitimatebeef

Postby legitimatebeef » Thu Jul 13, 2017 12:38 pm

Cool! Lets meet up n shotgun a few beers!
insufficient data

legitimatebeef

Postby legitimatebeef » Fri Jul 14, 2017 11:14 am

I have a couple extra USWO tix. Have a feeling they will be harder to get rid of than a bag full of muffin stumps. Surprised that there aren't legions of Trumptards lining up to attend. It's his property and he might even be there on the weekend. What gives, Trumptards? Alas, I have underestimated the repelling power of women's golf. Shit is strong.
insufficient data

GBOGEY

Postby GBOGEY » Sat Jul 15, 2017 8:01 am

Must say impressive display of golf by the ladies yesterday. Trump is a tough golf course and is set up to be 6700 yards - they hardly missed a green or fairway. I know the rain softened the greens but it really lengthened the course and I'd say 2/3's of the holes were cut within 15-20 feet from the edge with a miss the wrong way being severe. Most impressed with Angela Stafford. Must be late 30's, only takes half a back swing and hits it the kind of distance regularly that I'm doing at my best.

GBOGEY

Postby GBOGEY » Sat Jul 15, 2017 3:37 pm

I may go back tomorrow. As much as I enjoy watching these ladies, I don't get the whole caddie lining up thing. These girls are too good to need that. BTW one of my regular partners is hosting two of them in his home.

srogers13

Postby srogers13 » Sat Jul 15, 2017 6:42 pm

The caddie lining up thing may be outlawed in the new rule revisions.
I will stand in the fairway, I want to be out of your range.

legitimatebeef

Postby legitimatebeef » Sat Jul 15, 2017 11:16 pm

GBOGEY wrote:I may go back tomorrow. As much as I enjoy watching these ladies, I don't get the whole caddie lining up thing. These girls are too good to need that. BTW one of my regular partners is hosting two of them in his home.

You totally should. I went today. Sung Hyun Park is my idol. And seeing Amy Yang's swing up close was a spiritual experience. Lot of great swingers on this leaderboard.
insufficient data

sjduffers

Postby sjduffers » Sat Jul 15, 2017 11:50 pm

I am watching it DVR'd now. Some great shots indeed. SH Park is just awesome. Shanshan Feng is very efficient, if not exactly what men imagine a great woman golfer to be.

On the other hand, I can't believe how badly Stacy Lewis botched those shots around the green to end up with a triple: she needs to learn how to pitch and not run everything low and fast, hoping for spin. Sheesh! :facepalm
I'm gonna go low this time...

legitimatebeef

Postby legitimatebeef » Sat Jul 15, 2017 11:53 pm

I still have those two extra USWO tickets. Not even the President O' the United States can help sell these things. If it was Obama who was going to appear at some women's golf tournament just outside of the biggest city in the country, these would be hot tickets with considerable street value. I'd already have pocketed a nice little profit by now. Just saying. Would've helped make my wallet great again. Motherfucker.
insufficient data

legitimatebeef

Postby legitimatebeef » Sun Jul 16, 2017 12:11 am

Let's consider the ramifications of a dramatic come from behind Cristie Kerr US Women's Open win in 2017. In case you forgot, it's being held at Trump's place. Kerr is a member of this club, an American, and a personal friend of Trump. In case you forgot, the US Women's Open is a national tournament with a long legacy.

The leaderboard of this event, like each one preceding it for the last decade, is dominated by foreign names. China isn't just killing us in trade or whatever, they are killing us at women's golf. Et cetera.

This has the makings of the most sensationalized women's tournament golf finish in the history of women's tournament golf. Fuckin shit :fk
insufficient data

legitimatebeef

Postby legitimatebeef » Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:33 am

Once again foreigners stomped all over our greatest women's national golf championship.

Best of all they did it right in Trump's face.

To his credit, he did not act like a sore loser about it.
insufficient data

legitimatebeef

Postby legitimatebeef » Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:34 am

ha ha
insufficient data

legitimatebeef

Postby legitimatebeef » Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:28 am

wow, didn't see that one.
insufficient data

bkuehn1952
dogs: 0

Postby bkuehn1952 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:53 am

He must not have been that excited as he typically says "very very", not just "very."
Let's Play 36
GHIN Handicap: 7.8 … 9.2 … Let’s just say I am around a 14!

legitimatebeef

Postby legitimatebeef » Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:02 pm

bkuehn1952 wrote:He must not have been that excited as he typically says "very very", not just "very."

Ha ha, that's funny because it's true. The current President of the United States has a tiny vocabulary.
insufficient data

jasonfish11
dogs: 2

Postby jasonfish11 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:12 pm

legitimatebeef wrote:
bkuehn1952 wrote:He must not have been that excited as he typically says "very very", not just "very."

Ha ha, that's funny because it's true. The current President of the United States has a tiny vocabulary.

Trump "Very original, the hand jokes get old quick Beef"
This is not burger king you can not have it your way.

legitimatebeef

Postby legitimatebeef » Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:17 pm

Let's get serious for a second. Trump's psychic approval rating actually improved over the weekend. Let me explain. On the drive to the tournament Ms Beef was in a foul mood over having to visit a Trump property. She lambasted the USGA for making such a choice. I explained that the course had been selected long, long before the election or even the primaries, and that the USGA actually did attempt to withdraw from the agreement but to no avail. She then poured scorn upon the USGA and the need to select courses so far in advance. I then tried to explain the unusual burden on a golf club that is hosting a national championship. I found myself defending the establishment in other words, an unsavory position for me obviously.

Anyways she enjoyed the event thoroughly, both onsite and watching the final round from home yesterday. She even complimented the course. I then pointed out, reluctantly, that Trump has long been a supporter of women's golf. She was dismissive, countering that he probably just wanted to get into Natalie Gulbis's pants or something. No no no. I shook my head. I might have no esteem for Trump but I found myself actually defending his contributions to women's golf. Fine, she acquiesced. "That's one good thing he has done."

So there you go.
insufficient data

srogers13

Postby srogers13 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:14 pm

I am surprised your avatar has not changed to a dog and a cat living together. :thumbs :rofl :twisted:

GBOGEY

Postby GBOGEY » Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:50 pm

I have become about as apolitical as they come. I don't like the man, but he's not the anti-christ and I can't stand listening to those who think he is. For that matter, Obama, Bush, and Clinton weren't as bad as their critics used to say. So I especially try to keep politics out of golf (except for when I quote Rush Limbaugh, "that one was left of Hillary and Obama put together" - but it's a golf comment, not a political one). I guess I should also say that one was right of Ted Cruz, but my big misses aren't usually that direction.

As for the weekend, Trump Bedminster is a beautiful golf course. It is a very difficult golf course worthy of a major. The USGA held a nice event for spectators. I greatly enjoyed both attending and watching on TV. The skills of the ladies is amazing and I found very inspiring for my own game - I intend to head to the range tonight to work on my swing. Trump stayed away from trying to be the center of attention during the tournament - I'm sure that was hard for him.

My one complaint is that I would love to see the LPGA tour become more popular and successful. Robot champions like Park aren't going to help its success - they need to coach their players to remove their hats and to smile when they win. The willingness of the players to sign and interact with fans after finishing their rounds was impressive. Personality sells! The LPGA needs to make sure that its players understand that.

legitimatebeef

Postby legitimatebeef » Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:45 pm

Welp you are in a safe space here my friend. Nobody here is gonna call Trump the antichrist. Merely nitpicking at his human foibles. Which last I checked, was OK to do. You should hear how riled up people get about Tiger Woods and that guy is just a golfer, who cares if he is a bum!!!
insufficient data

legitimatebeef

Postby legitimatebeef » Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:54 pm

GBOGEY wrote:My one complaint is that I would love to see the LPGA tour become more popular and successful. Robot champions like Park aren't going to help its success - they need to coach their players to remove their hats and to smile when they win. The willingness of the players to sign and interact with fans after finishing their rounds was impressive. Personality sells! The LPGA needs to make sure that its players understand that.

I followed Park and she had a sizable group of rabid fans. It may not be what we like or understand, but she brings her own buzz and energy to the course. She has a big cult following in Korea, gets paid a lot in endorsements evidently.

So Yeon Ryu, the world number one looked me in the eye and smiled when I said "Go So Yeon!". That was nice and all, but I actually am more drawn to a Sung Hyun Park even if she would probably shun me or look away in disgust.
insufficient data

srogers13

Postby srogers13 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:09 pm

I have nothing but nice things to say about Ryu from my experiences dealing with her in the scoring tent when the LPGA was here. She was very nice and extremely personable.

srogers13

Postby srogers13 » Thu Jul 20, 2017 3:59 pm

You would have thought I could find this picture when I made my last post, but of course I find it when I am not looking for it.
Attachments
SoYeonRyu20160506.JPG
SoYeonRyu20160506.JPG (293.25 KiB) Viewed 204 times

legitimatebeef

Postby legitimatebeef » Thu Jul 27, 2017 10:47 am

^^^wow, you got a photo with the top-ranked female golfer in the world. I for one think that is cool.
insufficient data

Return to “Golf on TV Forum”