2017 LPGA thread

legitimatebeef
dogs: 1

Re: 2017 LPGA thread

Postby legitimatebeef » Sat Apr 01, 2017 3:26 pm

Damnit. Was really hoping for a King Kong v. Godzilla-esque pairing in Lexi Thompson and Michelle Wie who narrowly avoided a collision course. Don't particularly care for Lexi but would root hard for her in such a matchup. I mean nobody likes King Kong but come on, we have to root for the homonid over the reptile, am I right or am I wrong here.
everyone is gay

legitimatebeef

Postby legitimatebeef » Sat Apr 01, 2017 3:52 pm

The leaderboard for round 3 is as good an LPGA leaderboard as you are going to get in 2017. It'll be a good litmus test. If you can't get it up to watch tonight's action, you truly have no shits to give about LPGA. Talk is cheap, jack.

If you live east of the mississippi this is primetime TV. Saturday night, what else is there to watch? Matlock?

Given that there really is no choice but to watch this, I'll look forward to cracking a beer and seeing you all back here in a few hours.
everyone is gay

legitimatebeef

Postby legitimatebeef » Sat Apr 01, 2017 4:05 pm

All I really care about is seeing a large-sized chick win this thing. I want to see a cannonball and a big ass splash.
everyone is gay

srogers13

Postby srogers13 » Sat Apr 01, 2017 7:28 pm

I will tell you, I am a big Lexi fan after watching her interact with fans live. Plus she is a Waffle House girl...LOL.
I will stand in the fairway, I want to be out of your range.

legitimatebeef

Postby legitimatebeef » Sun Apr 02, 2017 6:20 pm

You guys are missing out on some sensational LPGA action right now.
everyone is gay

legitimatebeef

Postby legitimatebeef » Sun Apr 02, 2017 6:24 pm

I was only joking. It's kind of meh. Thompson, Pettersen and Inbee are playing well but that's about it. I am still sore at all of you (minus Srogers) for not giving a single shit about this thing. You guys are always calling yourselves such real fans of golf, but I am sorry I remain skeptical. The hard evidence is just not there.
everyone is gay

bkuehn1952
dogs: 0

Postby bkuehn1952 » Sun Apr 02, 2017 6:54 pm

Wait ... the LPGA is playing this weekend?? I have been too wrapped up in the Women's NCAA B-Ball.
Let's Play 36
GHIN Handicap: 7.8 … 9.2 … Let’s just say I am around a 14!

bkuehn1952

Postby bkuehn1952 » Sun Apr 02, 2017 6:54 pm

How about those gals from Mississippi State snapping the 500 game winning streak of CT!!
Let's Play 36

legitimatebeef

Postby legitimatebeef » Sun Apr 02, 2017 6:57 pm

:thumbs :fuckall
everyone is gay

legitimatebeef

Postby legitimatebeef » Sun Apr 02, 2017 6:59 pm

Oh I see, BK. You are one of those. Not me. I believe college students should be left alone to learn and grow. The mass-media-entertainment machine chews up and spits out these kids like no big deal, just to make a lousy buck.
everyone is gay

legitimatebeef

Postby legitimatebeef » Sun Apr 02, 2017 7:00 pm

If you want to support that, I won't judge.
everyone is gay

bkuehn1952

Postby bkuehn1952 » Sun Apr 02, 2017 7:28 pm

srogers13 wrote:
legitimatebeef wrote:Cristie Kerr playing well. I am definitively not a fan, but for some reason wouldn't mind seeing her displace large amounts of water come Sunday. Guess I'm not much a fan of this tournament.

Think I shared this story before this site was founded about Kerr where some of you might have seen it, but here goes. Several years ago as I was working the scoring tent at the LPGA tournament here, Kerr had barely made the cut, and had one of the first tee times off a single tee start. So she gets to 18, and puts her approach shot in one of the front greenside bunkers, playing to a back pin. She then proceeded to copy my bunker play, and blast her shot completely over the grandstands, into a mound of knee high grass on a mound on the other side. Not a single caddie I mentioned that too felt an ounce of sympathy for her, with several even saying that it could not happen to a nicer person. Needless to say, she spent very little time signing autographs after her round.

PostPosted: 11 Jul 2014 09:25 Post subject: Christie Kerr

Christie Kerr joined the LPGA at a very young age. I have read stories that she could be a bit prickly. Then she went on a health kick and slimmed down and became more fit. Several important wins followed and she must have had some good advice from her publicist. She became one of the mature American veterans of the tour based on what was written.

Still, I always sensed a bit of an attitude about her (if one can sense these things watching a TV). I noted that she opened the Women's Open with an "81", promptly developed a sore back and withdrew. If her back was bothering her, she should have given up her spot to the first alternate before the start of play.

Sorry Christie, -1.
Let's Play 36

srogers13

Postby srogers13 » Sun Apr 02, 2017 7:42 pm

I wonder if any of Lexi's crew are going to do a front flip into the pond this year?

srogers13

Postby srogers13 » Sun Apr 02, 2017 8:03 pm

Really, or as Lexi put it, "is this some sort of joke?" Some yahoo e-mails almost 24 hours later saying she barely misplaced putting her ball back after marking it, by maybe an inch, so she gets assessed a four stroke penalty.

jasonfish11
dogs: 2

Postby jasonfish11 » Sun Apr 02, 2017 9:46 pm

Wow what a joke
This is not burger king you can not have it your way.

bkuehn1952

Postby bkuehn1952 » Sun Apr 02, 2017 9:51 pm

I just watched the video. She clearly did not replace her ball in the same spot. Still, there is no way ANY penalty should be assessed a day later and in mid-round.
Let's Play 36

legitimatebeef

Postby legitimatebeef » Sun Apr 02, 2017 10:27 pm

I feel vindicated.

Tiger watches LPGA. :ohyeah
everyone is gay

DougE

Postby DougE » Sun Apr 02, 2017 11:05 pm

She shoulda just tapped it in. It looked like she was about to, but then at the last second decided to mark it.

That rule has got to go. People watching on TV should have NO SAY in a tournament. There are officials and other players watching each other. If the player doesn't realize they did something they were not supposed to, and their playing partners or officials--either on the course, or up in the booth or in a video truck somewhere on the course--don't notice, then it didn't happen in my book. It's not fair, particularly since every shot from every player in the field is not on camera for the world to see and judge. In my mind Lexi got shafted. (So did JFish and I. We both picked her this week.)

jasonfish11
dogs: 2

Postby jasonfish11 » Mon Apr 03, 2017 7:24 am

DougE wrote:That rule has got to go. People watching on TV should have NO SAY in a tournament. There are officials and other players watching each other. If the player doesn't realize they did something they were not supposed to, and their playing partners or officials--either on the course, or up in the booth or in a video truck somewhere on the course--don't notice, then it didn't happen in my book.

Exactly right. If I were Mike whan (sic?) I would make a statement that starting with the next tournament the LPGA will be enacting a local rule that all rulings and score disputes are final 1hour after a player signs their card. With 1 exception being intentional rules violations, but it must be proven they are intentional.

Not sure they can make that rule per the usga, but they could always say "the LPGA is going to be our own rulings body, we will currently follow all usga rules plus the one above until we can further review all rules."
This is not burger king you can not have it your way.

legitimatebeef

Postby legitimatebeef » Mon Apr 03, 2017 10:10 am

I like how everyone (talkin' bout you too Tiger Woods) is raging about how some dude on his couch "gets to decide" the outcome of a major golf championship. People, that couch dude has no actual officiating power! He provides information, it's still up to the actual LPGA officials to make the judgment.

Judy Rankin, on-air just before the telecast ended, pleaded with the public to be more timely if they are going to call in penalties. Basically re-affirming the notion that home TV viewers have power! My hope is that a legion of new LPGA fans are going to be galvanized. We as Americans cannot stand by idly while jealous haters sabotage our girls! We must also be vigilant and watch every minute of LPGA action on TV so we can catch the likes of So Yeon Ryu and her un-American cronies in the act of breaking rules too.
everyone is gay

jfurr

Postby jfurr » Mon Apr 03, 2017 10:38 am

bkuehn1952 wrote:Wait ... the LPGA is playing this weekend?? I have been too wrapped up in the Women's NCAA B-Ball.

The entire city was nuts this weekend over Gamecocks
I'm gonna hit a provisional
HCP Index :facepalm

jfurr

Postby jfurr » Mon Apr 03, 2017 10:41 am

What kind of nerd would call that in.
I'm gonna hit a provisional
HCP Index :facepalm

legitimatebeef

Postby legitimatebeef » Mon Apr 03, 2017 11:39 am

jfurr wrote:What kind of nerd would call that in.

The kind that supports his favorite players. Unlike say, you! You let Lexi down, in a sense. I am sure there is a So Yeon Ryu penalty somewhere on video, if you zoom in close enough. The point is you weren't there to catch it.
everyone is gay

GBOGEY

Postby GBOGEY » Mon Apr 03, 2017 11:52 am

Based upon past comments Beef has made about Lexi, I was wondering if Beef mailed it in. glad to see that is not the case.

legitimatebeef

Postby legitimatebeef » Mon Apr 03, 2017 12:19 pm

GBOGEY wrote:Based upon past comments Beef has made about Lexi, I was wondering if Beef mailed it in. glad to see that is not the case.

My cable TV set-top box is not HD capable. That's right, even if I wanted to call in these kind of penalties, I couldn't. Standard definition simply does not offer sufficient detail.

I might not be a Lexi Thompson fan but I am a human just like you people. When she made that first birdie after being told of the penalty, with tears still running down her face, I had to fight back my own tears. :fuckall
everyone is gay

Return to “Golf on TV Forum”