2017 LPGA thread

User avatar
sjduffers
Posts: 573
Joined: Sat Nov 29, 2014 7:11 pm
Location: SF Bay area
Contact:

Re: 2017 LPGA thread

Postby sjduffers » Mon May 22, 2017 10:02 pm

Instead of "Not Nice!", just say "Sad!" :facepalm
I'm gonna go low this time...

User avatar
legitimatebeef
Posts: 3437
Joined: Mon Jul 13, 2015 7:34 pm
Location: island off the coast of america
dogs: 1
Contact:

Re: 2017 LPGA thread

Postby legitimatebeef » Mon May 22, 2017 10:59 pm

I like "Not nice!" it sounds more naive and rubelike. We are the little guy taking on corporate America.
insufficient data

User avatar
bkuehn1952
Posts: 1926
Joined: Tue Nov 25, 2014 8:08 pm
Location: Momentarily Delightful Mitten
dogs: 0
Contact:

Jang rescinds LPGA membership, returning to Korea

Postby bkuehn1952 » Thu May 25, 2017 7:45 am

http://www.golfchannel.com/news/golf-ce ... rending_p2

It makes me sad when young female athletes succumb to outside pressures. It can't be an easy road, especially for female golfers from S. Korea.
Let's Play 36
GHIN Handicap: 7.8 … 9.2 … Let’s just say I am around a 14!

User avatar
legitimatebeef
Posts: 3437
Joined: Mon Jul 13, 2015 7:34 pm
Location: island off the coast of america
dogs: 1
Contact:

Re: 2017 LPGA thread

Postby legitimatebeef » Thu May 25, 2017 9:52 am

I'm not ready to shed a tear for Ha Na Jang based on the scanty explanations provided to us the golf watching public. She wants to be closer to home and in her case it's not necessarily as big a sacrifice as we assume it is. We assume that the USA is a promised land for everybody. I am not so sure. Ha Na Jang is returning home to a place where she is a bona fide celebrity. Whereas LPGA members are forced to slog through many unglamorous places like Mobile, Alabama; Rogers, Arkansas; Williamsburg, VA; Ann Arbor, Michigan (nothing against Bkuehn). Doubt there is much star treatment for these ladies when they have to bunk down for the night in some Quality Inn in Sylvania, Ohio or whatever.
insufficient data

User avatar
bkuehn1952
Posts: 1926
Joined: Tue Nov 25, 2014 8:08 pm
Location: Momentarily Delightful Mitten
dogs: 0
Contact:

Re: 2017 LPGA thread

Postby bkuehn1952 » Sat Jun 03, 2017 10:16 pm

A blast from the past...Paula Creamer is tied for the lead going into Sunday :o
Let's Play 36
GHIN Handicap: 7.8 … 9.2 … Let’s just say I am around a 14!

User avatar
legitimatebeef
Posts: 3437
Joined: Mon Jul 13, 2015 7:34 pm
Location: island off the coast of america
dogs: 1
Contact:

Re: 2017 LPGA thread

Postby legitimatebeef » Sun Jun 04, 2017 9:44 am

And thus an ultimate test of one's interest in LPGA. If you cannot get it up for today's final round, you are hopelessly impotent.
insufficient data

User avatar
jasonfish11
Posts: 1994
Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2014 9:27 pm
Location: Virginia Beach
dogs: 2
Contact:

Re: 2017 LPGA thread

Postby jasonfish11 » Sun Jun 04, 2017 1:14 pm

legitimatebeef wrote:And thus an ultimate test of one's interest in LPGA. If you cannot get it up for today's final round, you are hopelessly impotent.


So what if my excuse is that I'm going to walk 18 holes after I split my toe open earlier today?
This is not burger king you can not have it your way.

User avatar
bkuehn1952
Posts: 1926
Joined: Tue Nov 25, 2014 8:08 pm
Location: Momentarily Delightful Mitten
dogs: 0
Contact:

Re: 2017 LPGA thread

Postby bkuehn1952 » Sun Jun 04, 2017 7:14 pm

Well, looks like Paula could not summon up the ghosts of LPGA past. Michelle must be bursting with self-pride for logging another "top 10".

Top 10's is the lamest measuring stick. One gets smacked around and loses by 5 shots BUT, backing into a "top 10" makes everything better.
Let's Play 36
GHIN Handicap: 7.8 … 9.2 … Let’s just say I am around a 14!

User avatar
srogers13
Posts: 822
Joined: Wed Dec 03, 2014 7:42 pm
Contact:

Re: 2017 LPGA thread

Postby srogers13 » Sun Jun 04, 2017 10:26 pm

Beef, you know my LPGA bonifides, but I am in Orlando, and I could care less :ohyeah :lolz
I will stand in the fairway, I want to be out of your range.

User avatar
bkuehn1952
Posts: 1926
Joined: Tue Nov 25, 2014 8:08 pm
Location: Momentarily Delightful Mitten
dogs: 0
Contact:

Re: 2017 PGA TOUR thread

Postby bkuehn1952 » Sun Jun 11, 2017 5:33 pm

Wow, Jutanugarn holes her first putt in the playoff. I was pulling for In Gee Chun but the result is okay. Not a big Thompson fan, what with her inability to mark her ball. Her big fake smile when Ariya holed the putt made me happy.
Let's Play 36
GHIN Handicap: 7.8 … 9.2 … Let’s just say I am around a 14!

User avatar
legitimatebeef
Posts: 3437
Joined: Mon Jul 13, 2015 7:34 pm
Location: island off the coast of america
dogs: 1
Contact:

Re: 2017 LPGA thread

Postby legitimatebeef » Mon Jun 12, 2017 3:45 pm

Well I for one welcome our new woman's golf overlord from Thailand. Because she can swing a club faster than 99% of male amateur shlubs. Could probably beat those same guys up too, have them crying uncle. That pleases me. Guess that makes me a feminist. So what, I don't give a fuck.
insufficient data

User avatar
legitimatebeef
Posts: 3437
Joined: Mon Jul 13, 2015 7:34 pm
Location: island off the coast of america
dogs: 1
Contact:

Re: Anyone aroused for the 2017 KPMGWPGAC?!

Postby legitimatebeef » Thu Jun 29, 2017 10:26 am

:heynow
insufficient data

User avatar
legitimatebeef
Posts: 3437
Joined: Mon Jul 13, 2015 7:34 pm
Location: island off the coast of america
dogs: 1
Contact:

Re: Anyone aroused for the 2017 KPMGWPGAC?!

Postby legitimatebeef » Thu Jun 29, 2017 1:42 pm

legitimatebeef wrote::heynow


Ugh, I tried watching this garbage. I have like the opposite of arousal. Retrograde boner is more like it.
insufficient data

User avatar
bkuehn1952
Posts: 1926
Joined: Tue Nov 25, 2014 8:08 pm
Location: Momentarily Delightful Mitten
dogs: 0
Contact:

Re: 2017 LPGA thread

Postby bkuehn1952 » Thu Jun 29, 2017 4:42 pm

Being semi-retired, I lose track of which day of the week it is. Feels like every day is Saturday or Monday. It never even dawned on me that I could watch the KPMGETGSDWGT today. Did I get the name right? Oh screw it, back to the hammock
Let's Play 36
GHIN Handicap: 7.8 … 9.2 … Let’s just say I am around a 14!

User avatar
jasonfish11
Posts: 1994
Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2014 9:27 pm
Location: Virginia Beach
dogs: 2
Contact:

Re: 2017 LPGA thread

Postby jasonfish11 » Thu Jun 29, 2017 5:08 pm

bkuehn1952 wrote:Being semi-retired, I lose track of which day of the week it is. Feels like every day is Saturday or Monday.


My dad has this problem.

You do know if you have a stroke (or some brain related injury) on of the questions they ask before they release you from the hospital is "what day of the week is it?"
This is not burger king you can not have it your way.

User avatar
bkuehn1952
Posts: 1926
Joined: Tue Nov 25, 2014 8:08 pm
Location: Momentarily Delightful Mitten
dogs: 0
Contact:

Re: 2017 LPGA thread

Postby bkuehn1952 » Fri Jun 30, 2017 9:08 am

jasonfish11 wrote:
bkuehn1952 wrote:Being semi-retired, I lose track of which day of the week it is. Feels like every day is Saturday or Monday.


My dad has this problem.

You do know if you have a stroke (or some brain related injury) on of the questions they ask before they release you from the hospital is "what day of the week is it?"


Apparently I suffered brain damage some time in the past. :oh
Let's Play 36
GHIN Handicap: 7.8 … 9.2 … Let’s just say I am around a 14!

User avatar
srogers13
Posts: 822
Joined: Wed Dec 03, 2014 7:42 pm
Contact:

Re: 2017 LPGA thread

Postby srogers13 » Fri Jun 30, 2017 11:22 am

bkuehn1952 wrote:Apparently I suffered brain damage some time in the past. :oh

People with brain damage are usually the last to know. :thumbs :lolz
I will stand in the fairway, I want to be out of your range.

User avatar
legitimatebeef
Posts: 3437
Joined: Mon Jul 13, 2015 7:34 pm
Location: island off the coast of america
dogs: 1
Contact:

Re: 2017 LPGA thread

Postby legitimatebeef » Fri Jun 30, 2017 2:22 pm

I have noticed that BK has not seemed like himself lately.
insufficient data

User avatar
legitimatebeef
Posts: 3437
Joined: Mon Jul 13, 2015 7:34 pm
Location: island off the coast of america
dogs: 1
Contact:

Re: 2017 LPGA thread

Postby legitimatebeef » Sun Jul 02, 2017 12:20 pm

Today's final round seems like it'd be interesting to anyone with a remote interest in the women's game. I'll be rooting for Sei Young Kim from Korea. She is 5'3" and hits it higher and longer than yours and my sorry asses. Could also beat same sorry asses in a street fight.

insufficient data

User avatar
DougE
Posts: 1003
Joined: Wed Nov 26, 2014 9:40 pm
Location: Maryland
Contact:

Re: 2017 LPGA thread

Postby DougE » Sun Jul 02, 2017 6:19 pm

Danielle Kang was awesome down the stretch. Congrats to her for a great finish, her first win and first major. :clap:

User avatar
bkuehn1952
Posts: 1926
Joined: Tue Nov 25, 2014 8:08 pm
Location: Momentarily Delightful Mitten
dogs: 0
Contact:

Re: 2017 LPGA thread

Postby bkuehn1952 » Sun Jul 02, 2017 9:25 pm

DougE wrote:Danielle Kang was awesome down the stretch. Congrats to her for a great finish, her first win and first major. :clap:


I did not know the back story. Nice win, nice story.
Let's Play 36
GHIN Handicap: 7.8 … 9.2 … Let’s just say I am around a 14!

User avatar
legitimatebeef
Posts: 3437
Joined: Mon Jul 13, 2015 7:34 pm
Location: island off the coast of america
dogs: 1
Contact:

Re: 2017 LPGA thread

Postby legitimatebeef » Wed Jul 05, 2017 4:01 pm

Here's your weekly LPGA news report brought to you by the Beefster.

Danielle Kang won the KPMGWPGAC, which then became a great excuse for the golf-industrial complex to put the spotlight on Danielle's good friend Michelle (Wie obviously).

World number one So Yeon Ryu has apologized on behalf of her dad who recently got busted for tax evasion, and paid restitution, but not without getting majorly pissed off and threatening the tax officials involved with his case (with violence obviously).
insufficient data

User avatar
jasonfish11
Posts: 1994
Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2014 9:27 pm
Location: Virginia Beach
dogs: 2
Contact:

Re: 2017 LPGA thread

Postby jasonfish11 » Wed Jul 05, 2017 4:13 pm

legitimatebeef wrote:World number one So Yeon Ryu has apologized on behalf of her dad who recently got busted for tax evasion, and paid restitution, but not without getting majorly pissed off and threatening the tax officials involved with his case (with violence obviously).


Funny, I got a call today from the IRS stating I committed tax fraud and will be arrested in the next 24 hours if I don't call back to pay. :facepalm
This is not burger king you can not have it your way.

User avatar
legitimatebeef
Posts: 3437
Joined: Mon Jul 13, 2015 7:34 pm
Location: island off the coast of america
dogs: 1
Contact:

Re: 2017 LPGA thread

Postby legitimatebeef » Wed Jul 05, 2017 4:57 pm

jasonfish11 wrote:
legitimatebeef wrote:World number one So Yeon Ryu has apologized on behalf of her dad who recently got busted for tax evasion, and paid restitution, but not without getting majorly pissed off and threatening the tax officials involved with his case (with violence obviously).


Funny, I got a call today from the IRS stating I committed tax fraud and will be arrested in the next 24 hours if I don't call back to pay. :facepalm


Remember to submit your payments in the form of itunes gift cards.
insufficient data

User avatar
bkuehn1952
Posts: 1926
Joined: Tue Nov 25, 2014 8:08 pm
Location: Momentarily Delightful Mitten
dogs: 0
Contact:

Re: 2017 LPGA thread

Postby bkuehn1952 » Wed Jul 05, 2017 7:30 pm

legitimatebeef wrote:
jasonfish11 wrote:
legitimatebeef wrote:World number one So Yeon Ryu has apologized on behalf of her dad who recently got busted for tax evasion, and paid restitution, but not without getting majorly pissed off and threatening the tax officials involved with his case (with violence obviously).


Funny, I got a call today from the IRS stating I committed tax fraud and will be arrested in the next 24 hours if I don't call back to pay. :facepalm


Remember to submit your payments in the form of itunes gift cards.


Yes, we had to pay the IRS a big penalty in iTunes gift cards, too. What is wrong with this World? The IRS using iTunes as negotiable instruments! I gave up long ago on trying to understand the tax code.



No, I am not quite that naive.
Let's Play 36
GHIN Handicap: 7.8 … 9.2 … Let’s just say I am around a 14!


Return to “Golf on TV Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests