Anyone Excited About the Quicken Loans National?

bkuehn1952
dogs: 0

Anyone Excited About the Quicken Loans National?

Postby bkuehn1952 » Wed Jun 28, 2017 7:20 am

:puke

I will say that our "pick'em" contest did force me to pay a little attention to the PGA. Currently I have no energy for the Tour.
Let's Play 36
GHIN Handicap: 7.8 … 9.2 … Let’s just say I am around a 14!

DougE

Re: Anyone Excited About the Quicken Loans National?

Postby DougE » Wed Jun 28, 2017 9:36 am

I thought about going to it for one of the rounds since it is very close by to me. About 25 miles. But, it's gonna be hot and sticky this weekend, and if I'm going to get all sweaty and uncomfortable, I'd rather not be doing it with a crowd of sweaty and uncomfortable people where it costs $4 for a water. Instead, I'll load up my Yeti insulated container with ice and Gatorade and go be sweaty and uncomfortable out on the course playing golf, refreshing myself for free, fight no traffic after the round and be home on the couch 5 minutes after I'm done playing, watching the leaders finish up on big screen TV.

Side note:
Evidently KJ Choi is in the event. His 13 year old son was at Worthington Manor playing golf with Faith Choi (no relation) who is the 14 year old Korean (born in the USA) female AJGA phenom based out of Worthington. (I mentioned her in a story I posted here a while back.) He hit 3W off the 10th tee when I was watching, well past where I normally hit my driver, dead center in the fairway. Evidently, Faith and her mom went over to KJ's golf camp over the winter in China (he's Korean) and became friendly with him and his whole family. They all got together again when KJ got here for the Quicken Loans event. Not a bad connection for Faith to make. That girl is going places. Last year it was Fluff Cowen, Jim Furyk's caddie, who said basically the same thing after walking nine holes with her at Worthington.

legitimatebeef
dogs: 1

Postby legitimatebeef » Wed Jun 28, 2017 10:36 am

DougE wrote:I thought about going to it for one of the rounds since it is very close by to me. About 25 miles. But, it's gonna be hot and sticky this weekend, and if I'm going to get all sweaty and uncomfortable, I'd rather not be doing it with a crowd of sweaty and uncomfortable people where it costs $4 for a water. Instead, I'll load up my Yeti insulated container with ice and Gatorade and go be sweaty and uncomfortable out on the course playing golf, refreshing myself for free, fight no traffic after the round and be home on the couch 5 minutes after I'm done playing, watching the leaders finish up on big screen TV.

No brainer.
insufficient data

srogers13

Postby srogers13 » Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:48 am

DougE wrote:I thought about going to it for one of the rounds since it is very close by to me. About 25 miles. But, it's gonna be hot and sticky this weekend, and if I'm going to get all sweaty and uncomfortable, I'd rather not be doing it with a crowd of sweaty and uncomfortable people where it costs $4 for a water.

They are still looking for volunteers for the Barbasol PGA tournament held in Opelika (opposite field event of the British Open.) I can't imagine why they have trouble getting marshals and walking scorers to volunteer to work an event in Alabama in the middle of July when the temps are usually in the mid 90s with dewpoints in the mid to upper 70s and a good chance of afternoon thunderstorms. :thumbs :onfire
I will stand in the fairway, I want to be out of your range.

Return to “Golf on TV Forum”