4. Sung Hyun Park
5. (null)
everyone is gay

jasonfish11
dogs: 2

Re: Legitimategolf Power Rankings, 7/24/17

Post by jasonfish11 » Mon Jul 24, 2017 12:22 pm

Define power, so I can tell you how much I disagree w/ you. :rofl
This is not burger king you can not have it your way.

legitimatebeef
dogs: 1

Post by legitimatebeef » Mon Jul 24, 2017 12:56 pm

everyone is gay

legitimatebeef

Post by legitimatebeef » Mon Jul 24, 2017 1:16 pm

Jordan just won the oldest championship in golf, and now three of the four such "major" or "grand slam" tournaments. Which means that, at age 23, he is one PGA Championship victory away from the "career Grand Slam" which is an exceptional feat for a professional golfer.

Jeong Eun Lee 6 won yesterday on the KLPGA, continuing an already great season. The K in KLPGA stands for Korea, which is like 13 time zones away. The previous weekend, Jeong Eun 6 was in New Jersey, placing T5 in the US Women's Open. Anyone who flies regularly knows that flying eastward, the jet lag is a bitch. Thus you cannot diminish such an accomplishment. Well, you could, but...

And there is In-Kyung Kim. The simpleton media refers to her as "IK" but among her peers on the LPGA she is affectionately known as Income Kim, because she, you know, makes cuts and collects checks and shit. Probably the greatest pro golfer nickname I've ever heard. She's also a guitarist in her spare time. Most golf dweebs wouldn't know a guitar if one was busted over their heads.

I've laid out my case, now go ahead and dispute this week's LPR. I am all ears. :cmon
everyone is gay

jasonfish11

Post by jasonfish11 » Mon Jul 24, 2017 1:46 pm

You still didn't define power.

I mean someone could just list the top 5 long drivers in the world and say they should be the top of the power rankings. Also you must be doing something to standardize the women/men in the group because if you were just listing the 5 best golfers in the world, there would be no women in that list. Sorry to be "sexist" but the best woman ever to play golf couldn't routinely compete and beat the 5th best male golfer right now, assuming they played from the same yardages.

So obviously this is your own unique definition of "power" and I just want to know what that definition is.

bkuehn1952
dogs: 0

Post by bkuehn1952 » Mon Jul 24, 2017 3:42 pm

What does the "6" after Jeong Eun Lee 6's name mean? She is not like Charles Howell III, is she? Does it signify that she is the 6th "Lee" from Korea on the LPGA? Inquiring minds want to know.

Also, if you include Jordan on the list, shouldn't Brooks Koepka make the top 5? 11th at the Masters, 1st at the US Open, 6th at the Open. Not too many of the ladies have carried that sort of record in 2017.
Let's Play 36
GHIN Handicap: 7.8 … 9.2 … Let’s just say I am around a 14!

srogers13

Post by srogers13 » Mon Jul 24, 2017 4:09 pm

The six after her name is a designation given to her by the KLPGA because of not just Lee, but because there were multiple Jeong Eun Lees on their tour. So they added number to each name to differentiate them.
I will stand in the fairway, I want to be out of your range.

legitimatebeef

Post by legitimatebeef » Mon Jul 24, 2017 4:14 pm

bkuehn1952 wrote:What does the "6" after Jeong Eun Lee 6's name mean? She is not like Charles Howell III, is she? Does it signify that she is the 6th "Lee" from Korea on the LPGA? Inquiring minds want to know.
It means she is the--believe it or not--sixth "Jeong Eun Lee" to make it to the KLPGA ranks. I know what you are thinking--they (those people) ought to diversify their names a bit. Then again, at the last LPGA event alone there were three American Brittany's along with a Britney.
Also, if you include Jordan on the list, shouldn't Brooks Koepka make the top 5? 11th at the Masters, 1st at the US Open, 6th at the Open. Not too many of the ladies have carried that sort of record in 2017.
I did not watch the US Open. Ergo, the list.
everyone is gay

jasonfish11

Post by jasonfish11 » Mon Jul 24, 2017 4:21 pm

legitimatebeef wrote: I know what you are thinking--they (those people) ought to diversify their names a bit. Then again, at the last LPGA event alone there were three American Brittany's along with a Britney.
There are 3 Liam's that I know of at my son's day care. I've met about 40-50 kids there.