Solheim Cup 2017

bkuehn1952
dogs: 0

Solheim Cup 2017

Post by bkuehn1952 » Tue Aug 08, 2017 2:41 pm

We have about 10 days until the ladies paint their faces and get into the cat fight known as the Solheim Cup. I can't say I am totally aware of all the Euro lasses and their back stories. The one aspect I like is holding the event in Iowa. The people in Iowa don't have a lot of big time sporting events so the crowds should be huge and enthusiastic.
Let's Play 36
GHIN Handicap: 7.8 … 9.2 … Let’s just say I am around a 14!

legitimatebeef
dogs: 1

Re: Solheim Cup 2017

Post by legitimatebeef » Tue Aug 08, 2017 2:43 pm

2 teams, 1 cup
everyone is gay

DougE

Post by DougE » Tue Aug 08, 2017 5:03 pm

I do enjoy watching. The US should kick ass. There are no Koreans playing on the Euro squad as far as I know.

sjduffers

Post by sjduffers » Tue Aug 08, 2017 5:26 pm

DougE wrote:I do enjoy watching. The US should kick ass. There are no Koreans playing on the Euro squad as far as I know.
Could it be because S. Korea is not in Europe? :rofl :banana

I just read that Korda bailed out because of a :quotez forearm injury :quotez and is being replaced by Paula Creamer, the whiner who complained about not being a captain's pick. Hmmm... Did she somehow injure Korda? :facepalm
I'm gonna go low this time...

jasonfish11
dogs: 2

Post by jasonfish11 » Tue Aug 08, 2017 5:51 pm

sjduffers wrote: I just read that Korda bailed out because of a :quotez forearm injury :quotez and is being replaced by Paula Creamer, the whiner who complained about not being a captain's pick. Hmmm... Did she somehow injure Korda? :facepalm
Is this the epicenter of the Paula Creamer is the Tonya Harding of golf rumor?
This is not burger king you can not have it your way.

sjduffers

Post by sjduffers » Tue Aug 08, 2017 7:14 pm

jasonfish11 wrote:
sjduffers wrote: I just read that Korda bailed out because of a :quotez forearm injury :quotez and is being replaced by Paula Creamer, the whiner who complained about not being a captain's pick. Hmmm... Did she somehow injure Korda? :facepalm
Probably, since I just made that last part up... But, is this really a coincidence? :fk

srogers13

Post by srogers13 » Tue Aug 08, 2017 7:34 pm

Well, Korda did WD the women's british open, so I don't think Creamer thought that far ahead.
I will stand in the fairway, I want to be out of your range.

DougE

Post by DougE » Tue Aug 08, 2017 7:38 pm

sjduffers wrote:
DougE wrote:I do enjoy watching. The US should kick ass. There are no Koreans playing on the Euro squad as far as I know.
Could it be because S. Korea is not in Europe? :rofl :banana

I understand that. That was my point. Thankfully, there are no Koreans on the European team. They are all European.

But, we have Asian blood playing on OUR team. Actually, not necessarily South Koreans, but Yin and Kang are both of Asian decent and so is Wie though I'm not sure if Hawaii counts. All were actually born in the U.S. I think, so, I'm not sure if that counts.

jfurr

Post by jfurr » Tue Aug 08, 2017 8:18 pm

jasonfish11 wrote:
:lolz
I'm gonna hit a provisional
HCP Index :facepalm

legitimatebeef

Post by legitimatebeef » Tue Aug 08, 2017 10:05 pm

People seem severely bent out of shape over this Paula Creamer pick. I don't understand it myself. She was ranked 16th in points, so she was picked over four higher ranked players, so what. Who are they, what have they done, what would they bring to the team? Exactly. Paula might be washed up but fuckin' A right she has done some shit in this game. And isn't Paula one of those American players we are all supposed to love or isn't she :fuckall Jesus Christ I cannot keep up with you drama queens.
everyone is gay

DougE

Post by DougE » Wed Aug 09, 2017 7:38 am

She's still my favorite. And good in matchplay.

legitimatebeef

Post by legitimatebeef » Wed Aug 09, 2017 10:59 am

Now that the western golf world has turned on Paula, I'll root for her to play well. I always enjoyed her anyways.

Of course, I will be rooting for the European team to win the cup, and to put the hurt on a few American players in particular.
everyone is gay

jasonfish11
dogs: 2

Post by jasonfish11 » Wed Aug 09, 2017 11:18 am

I really like Paula's determination. I mean anyone that will go to the lengths of injuring a competitor just to get into a competition has more determination than me.
This is not burger king you can not have it your way.

sjduffers

Post by sjduffers » Wed Aug 09, 2017 12:02 pm

jasonfish11 wrote:I really like Paula's determination. I mean anyone that will go to the lengths of injuring a competitor just to get into a competition has more determination than me.
:rofl

legitimatebeef

Post by legitimatebeef » Wed Aug 09, 2017 4:16 pm

There is too much drama and bad feelings resulting from this selection process and it is bad for the game if you ask me. Every year one or more players get passed over in favor of one who has fewer points. Some people get hurt, others get defensive, everyone gets so worked up and for what? A meaningless event.

My idea would be to go by points alone. Easy and drama-free. Every player would come to into the event with their head held high knowing they earned it, and these good feelings and moral pride can only improve team spirit and confidence. :puke
everyone is gay

bkuehn1952

Post by bkuehn1952 » Wed Aug 09, 2017 7:10 pm

If we don't give the Captain any picks, how can we place blame on the Captain if the team loses? Placing blame is as American as apple pie. Julie Inkster should have picked herself! :thumbs
Let's Play 36

legitimatebeef

Post by legitimatebeef » Wed Aug 09, 2017 8:07 pm

True! I'm the one who doesn't get it. People want the drama. They want to see others get hurt and rejected etc.
everyone is gay

legitimatebeef

Post by legitimatebeef » Wed Aug 16, 2017 3:50 pm

Gotta say 'Merica, not feelin' too keen on you right now so I'm backing the Euro's! Don't call me unpatriotic or treasonous or whatever, it's a goddamn sporty match I am allowed to do that. I am just trying to conjure up some sort of narrative that will enable me to a give a shit.
everyone is gay

legitimatebeef

Post by legitimatebeef » Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:42 pm

Bulletin board material :onfire

http://www.golfchannel.com/news/golf-ce ... hair-shoes
WEST DES MOINES, Iowa – Michelle Wie is a bit of a rebel this week.

Apparently, it’s part of being in U.S. Solheim Cup captain Juli Inkster’s most spirited pod.

Two years ago, Inkster encouraged a move away from the American team’s over-the-top exuberance, from the face-paint tattoos, the exotic fingernail painting and the over-the-top celebrations.

The team took it to heart, forsaking their stiletto heels and wearing the old-school Converse basketball shoes Inkster likes so much to the Solheim Cup’s opening ceremony.

This week, Wie is sporting red-, white-and-blue ribbons in her extravagant hair braiding, and she broke out some blingy new red-, white-and-blue shoes.

Wie was asked if they’re Inkster approved.

“The bling shoes, I love them,” Wie said. “I don't know if I'll be playing in them, just because I took them out to the range, and they were very bright, but that shows my personality. I had a long talk with [2013 U.S. Solheim Cup captain] Meg Mallon about it. We did try to suppress a lot of things in the last Solheim. To some people, that is their personality. To me, that's just not it. I like celebrating after making putts.

Two years ago, Inkster encouraged her team to approach the Solheim Cup in a workmanlike fashion, the same way they would approach the LPGA’s most important events.

“I want to be respectful to the European team, “Wie said. “[But] I think this is such a fun week. I think this is such a great week to be energetic. It's different from a normal LPGA event. It's more excitement. There's more intensity.

“I'm just trying to embrace it. I'm just trying to have fun. I think being a girl, it's especially fun in events like this, because there's a lot more you can do.

I love to do things with my hair. Even if it wasn't Solheim, I'd probably do something with my hair. I like to have fun. Meg Mallon told me, `Don't try to hide your personality. Don't try to tone it down. Be who you are and embrace it.’ Life is too short to try and suppress your emotions and your feelings. You’ve just really got to enjoy every second of it.”
This woman must be stopped. :oh
everyone is gay

bkuehn1952

Post by bkuehn1952 » Fri Aug 18, 2017 2:09 pm

USA! USA!! USA!!! USA!!!! USA!!!!! ... of never mind ...

Europe 2.5 / USA 1.5

Last minute selection Paula Creamer can't pull her team to victory while Europe's version of the last minute substitution, Catriona Matthew, gets the job done with Karine Icher.

I must admit, while I don't really know a whole lot about either team, I do sort of secretly pull for Europe. Too many prima donna's on the USA side.
Let's Play 36

legitimatebeef

Post by legitimatebeef » Sat Aug 19, 2017 9:15 am

Alright, day 2 has begun, let's feed some more Europeans to the lions.
everyone is gay

legitimatebeef

Post by legitimatebeef » Sat Aug 19, 2017 9:16 am

Michelle getting bigly upstaged by her friend Danielle, and does not seem too pleased about it. Meow!
everyone is gay

legitimatebeef

Post by legitimatebeef » Sat Aug 19, 2017 3:29 pm

Wow. I'm just realizing now that people like Michelle Wie and Paula Creamer are typical bullies. By themselves they are all meek and innocuous, but put them in a pack and then you see the nasty side come out.
everyone is gay

legitimatebeef

Post by legitimatebeef » Sun Aug 20, 2017 12:05 pm

I defended Paula Creamer getting picked for this team, but now after seeing her antics I am calling for her head on a platter.
everyone is gay

bkuehn1952

Post by bkuehn1952 » Sun Aug 20, 2017 3:20 pm

Let's face it, the European contingent is made up of a bunch nobodies. No major championship wins. Little success in the USA. Very much a "Who??" situation when Valentina Stuttgart tees it up.

I want a 3-way event. Each year the prior winner and the team that did not play the prior year tee it up. Asia/Africa versus North & South America versus Europe/Australia/NZ. So next year the North & South American team takes on Asia/Africa. If Asia/Africa (aka Korea) wins, the following year Europe/Australia/NZ gets a crack at it.

For a while, when Europe had a few super stars, the matches at least had some drama. Now it is just the USA gals kicking butt against an over matched Euro team. Lots of fun for the USA. Let's see them play the Asia/Africa contingent. They might actually need to play well.
Let's Play 36