2018 LPGA thread

legitimatebeef
dogs: 1

Re: 2018 LPGA thread

Post by legitimatebeef » Fri Mar 23, 2018 10:06 am

Last year's winningest LPGA player In Kyung Kim had her golf bag lost by American Airlines a few weeks ago. The bag was discovered at a San Diego-area Play It Again Sports, where the clubs were being sold for a measly $60 a piece. Her LPGA badge was still in the bag. :facepalm

http://golfweek.com/2018/03/21/i-k-kims ... ods-store/

Indifference to LPGA and its players is not surprising. I never imagined that such indifference could ever cross over into criminality however. In other words, could you people imagine this sort of disrespect being shown to a Bryson DeChambeau or any of the other wonderful, life-saving talents currently on the penis-based pro golf tour. I can tell you dicks, that it most certainly would never happen in a million years. (#timesup) American Airlines actually recommended to Ms. Kim that she should rent a set of clubs :onfire

Justice must be served here. Hereby calling for a site-wide boycott of both American Airlines and Play It Again Sports. :school
A golfball wizard's
got such a supple wrist-cock

jasonfish11
dogs: 2

Post by jasonfish11 » Fri Mar 23, 2018 10:32 am

I would doubt play it again sports did anything wrong.

I wouldn't expect a random cashier there to understand or look for the playing badge.

Now the airlines. I mean at least they didn't kill her dog?
Keep it short stupid.

legitimatebeef

Post by legitimatebeef » Fri Mar 23, 2018 10:51 am

jasonfish11 wrote:
Fri Mar 23, 2018 10:32 am
I would doubt play it again sports did anything wrong.

I wouldn't expect a random cashier there to understand or look for the playing badge.

Now the airlines. I mean at least they didn't kill her dog?
Ok there shill, keep sticking up Corporate America. IK Kim is a pro golfer... no sympathy whatsoever? JFC. Pretty sure if this exact same thing happened to Michelle, you'd be calling for people's heads. :facepalm

Play It Again Sports is a fairly big chain of used sporting goods stores. We are not talking about some mom and pop thrift store here. When a major part of your business is buying used gear from consumers, you absolutely have an obligation to be diligent about buying. And we are not talking about some obscure player. Just because you don't know jacksquat about her, doesn't mean that IKK is not an elite player.

Let's put it this way. What if someone stole Jordan Spieth's bag from an airport, and then it turned up at a Play It Again, with Jordan's (current) PGA TOUR badge still in the bag? You wouldn't then criticize the store for being clueless and not figuring out that they were dealing with stolen goods?

:cmon
A golfball wizard's

jasonfish11

Post by jasonfish11 » Fri Mar 23, 2018 11:03 am

So yes if Jim Bob walks into PIAS and tries to sell something. I expect PIAS to do some due diligence to verify Jim Bob has the right to sell what he's trying to sell.

That being said, I would assume that airlines wind up with a lot of unclaimed crap and they have contracts with 2nd hand stores so they can get rid of it. I also assume that in the terms of that contract it states that the airline would exhaust all efforts to find the rightful owner prior to selling the goods to PIAS.

I've seen so many of these type of business contracts for common situations to make the process easier on both parties, that my natural assumption is there is something in place when you have 2 largish companies in a situation like this.

Now if there is some type of clause indemnifying AA for their lack of research then yes it's on PIAS legally. Although I could still see them not doing a full due diligence into who the rightful owner is, because they are getting the stuff from such a "widely known reputable source" and not Jim Bob.
legitimatebeef wrote:
Fri Mar 23, 2018 10:51 am

Let's put it this way. What if someone stole Jordan Spieth's bag from an airport, and then it turned up at a Play It Again, with Jordan's (current) PGA TOUR badge still in the bag? You wouldn't then criticize the store for being clueless and not figuring out that they were dealing with stolen goods?

:cmon
I would feel the same, based on my assumptions above.

I know those are pretty big assumptions, but that is where my mind initially went and that is why I semi disagreed with you.
Keep it short stupid.

legitimatebeef

Post by legitimatebeef » Fri Mar 23, 2018 11:15 am

So, no sympathy for IK Kim huh.

Now let me ask you this. It's obvious you didn't read about the actual story. I am wondering what makes you so quick to side with American Airlines? Do you have a relative who works for them?
A golfball wizard's

jasonfish11

Post by jasonfish11 » Fri Mar 23, 2018 11:24 am

legitimatebeef wrote:
Fri Mar 23, 2018 11:15 am
So, no sympathy for IK Kim huh.

Now let me ask you this. It's obvious you didn't read about the actual story. I am wondering what makes you so quick to side with American Airlines? Do you have a relative who works for them?
So yes I feel bad for her.
No I didn't fully read it. I glanced over it when I saw it last night, but my son was asking me questions so my attention was not fully in the article.
And my personal thought is this is mostly AA's fault. I was just saying I don't really hold PIAS that responsible. I feel the majority of the blame should be on AA as they obviously didn't do any due diligence to determine who the owner is.
Keep it short stupid.

jasonfish11

Post by jasonfish11 » Fri Mar 23, 2018 11:29 am

So I read the full article. There is nothing in it that makes me think PIAS should be as hated as you seemed to think in your first post.

All of my thoughts are still valid.

Fault is AA's unless they have some indemnity clause. Then legally it's PIAS's fault, but logically it's AA's fault.
Keep it short stupid.

legitimatebeef

Post by legitimatebeef » Fri Mar 23, 2018 11:29 am

AA didn't sell her shit to the store. They lost her clubs in transit. You are carrying on like IKK forget to pick up her bag, and it sat in a lost and found and AA did the only reasonable thing they could.

My primary beef with AA is that they suggested to IKK that, as a solution, she rent some clubs.

Anyways I think you should spend the rest of today thinking about your knee-jerk reaction to this story and how you reflexively sided with Corporate America over the poor, innocent golfer.
A golfball wizard's

jasonfish11

Post by jasonfish11 » Fri Mar 23, 2018 11:35 am

legitimatebeef wrote:
Fri Mar 23, 2018 11:29 am
AA didn't sell her shit to the store. They lost her clubs in transit. You are carrying on like IKK forget to pick up her bag, and it sat in a lost and found and AA did the only reasonable thing they could.
Where did you read that? Or are you assuming it?

Yes I'm making the assumption that the bag sat around in an AA "lost & found" office for X months. Then per AA's policy after X months they have a contract to sell it to PIAS which they followed. I'm also assuming that even though IKK did everything she could some lazy person, or poor system prevented someone at AA from "easily" finding her crap.

If someone just stole it off the baggage claim (or one of the handlers stole it) then decided to sell it I agree with you that is on PIAS.
Keep it short stupid.

legitimatebeef

Post by legitimatebeef » Fri Mar 23, 2018 11:39 am

jasonfish11 wrote:
Fri Mar 23, 2018 11:35 am
Yes I'm making the assumption that the bag sat around in an AA "lost & found" office for X months.
:facepalm A pro golfer lost her main set of golf clubs. I am going to go ahead and assume that she tore her hair out over it, got in AA's face and basically did everything she could to get them back.
A golfball wizard's

jasonfish11

Post by jasonfish11 » Fri Mar 23, 2018 12:27 pm

legitimatebeef wrote:
Fri Mar 23, 2018 11:39 am
jasonfish11 wrote:
Fri Mar 23, 2018 11:35 am
Yes I'm making the assumption that the bag sat around in an AA "lost & found" office for X months.
:facepalm A pro golfer lost her main set of golf clubs. I am going to go ahead and assume that she tore her hair out over it, got in AA's face and basically did everything she could to get them back.
I agree. This fact doesn't prevent incompetence or negligence on AA's part though?

I don't see how pro-active she was is relevant to her bag sitting around in AA's "lost & found." I mean the more pro-active she is the less likely it is to not be found. But it sure doesn't guarantee her clubs will be found. I mean look at all the airline crap that has happened this year. They are dysfunctional
Keep it short stupid.

srogers13

Post by srogers13 » Fri Mar 23, 2018 12:31 pm

It seemed to me reading the article, that she thought that AA had lost her bag, but after it was found, she figured the most likely thing that happened was someone swiped it off of baggage claim. I also got the feeling that she was not very happy with the response and treatment that she was getting from AA, like they were doing the bare minimum to help her.
I will stand in the fairway, I want to be out of your range.

jasonfish11

Post by jasonfish11 » Fri Mar 23, 2018 2:11 pm

I think the confusion is in how we (beef and I) believe the bag was lost.

Someone just picking it up from the bagged carousel and walking off with it didn't even cross my mind until this conversation. My assumption was AA screwed something up and it sat "unidentified" in a "lost & found" area until they sold it to a 2nd party to get rid of.

I mean I guess someone stealing it from baggage claim wouldn't surprise me. Given that the last time I flew the guy in front of me in the TSA line attempted to steal my wallet from the x-ray machine. He didn't even admit he had my wallet until I looked at the TSA agent and said "hey I think this guy accidentally took my wallet." Then the fucker had the audacity to tell me "oh I thought it was mine." Yeah makes sense given you have 2 wallets now and 1 before you put it in the x-ray area. Like that x-ray machine magically duplicates the items that went through it.
Keep it short stupid.

legitimatebeef

Post by legitimatebeef » Fri Mar 23, 2018 3:09 pm

srogers13 wrote:
Fri Mar 23, 2018 12:31 pm
I also got the feeling that she was not very happy with the response and treatment that she was getting from AA, like they were doing the bare minimum to help her.
It's worse than bare minimum I would argue. An airline telling one of the top golfers in the world that they can't find her clubs and that she should just rent a set, is basically fighting words. They are essentially daring people to take their business elsewhere.
A golfball wizard's

jasonfish11

Post by jasonfish11 » Sun Mar 25, 2018 6:04 pm

Looking like the rest of the lpga should have bought and burned ikk's clubs
Keep it short stupid.

legitimatebeef

Post by legitimatebeef » Sun Mar 25, 2018 6:10 pm

Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned.
A golfball wizard's

bkuehn1952
dogs: 0

Post by bkuehn1952 » Wed Mar 28, 2018 10:16 am

http://traveltips.usatoday.com/happens- ... 10720.html

I think it is pretty obvious that someone stole the bag and then sold the items to PIAS. That doesn't excuse American Airlines or PIAS but I don't believe American took the bag over to PIAS when they "lost it" and sold it as scrap.

As to the suggestion that IKK rent replacement clubs, my guess is that the person fielding IKK's call was not aware she was a touring professional and thus gave her the same advice they would have given me when I called. To be fair, Justin Rose would likely have also been told to rent a replacement set.
Let's Play 36
GHIN Handicap: 7.8 … 9.2 … Let’s just say I am around a 14!

legitimatebeef

Post by legitimatebeef » Wed Mar 28, 2018 1:55 pm

bkuehn1952 wrote:
Wed Mar 28, 2018 10:16 am
http://traveltips.usatoday.com/happens- ... 10720.html

I think it is pretty obvious that someone stole the bag and then sold the items to PIAS. That doesn't excuse American Airlines or PIAS but I don't believe American took the bag over to PIAS when they "lost it" and sold it as scrap.

As to the suggestion that IKK rent replacement clubs, my guess is that the person fielding IKK's call was not aware she was a touring professional and thus gave her the same advice they would have given me when I called. To be fair, Justin Rose would likely have also been told to rent a replacement set.
:onfire It really troubles me when people reflexively stick up for Corporate America. I think these people are forgetting the reason corporations were invented in the first place: to de-humanize the act of profiting, to absolve any individual soul of accountability, of the consequences and human casualties of profiting.

Corporations don't need the public to stick up for them, or to advocate "fair treatment" of them by other members of the public. The very idea makes me want to puke (no offense of course BK). If anything corporations, due to their inherent nature and purpose, need constant scrutiny. By actual humans! Corporations are not going to hold themselves accountable or seek equity or moral rectitude. Unless in response to some specific public image crisis.

P.S. you don't know that AA would've treated Justin Rose the same way. That is a colossal, gaping assumption, Jack.
A golfball wizard's

legitimatebeef

Post by legitimatebeef » Wed Mar 28, 2018 1:57 pm

I ask you people to show a speck of meaningless moral support for an LPGA player, who in my view, did nothing wrong. We are a golfer's site after all.

And of course, it proved too much to ask.
A golfball wizard's

legitimatebeef

Post by legitimatebeef » Wed Mar 28, 2018 2:00 pm

Fine, keep on enjoying your crappy overpriced pre-used sporting goods.
A golfball wizard's

legitimatebeef

Post by legitimatebeef » Wed Mar 28, 2018 2:07 pm

The year's first major championship of golf is upon us and yet excitement levels are quite low among fans. That's because it's a women's tournament, dummy! :puke

So what's everyone's plans for the big weekend? Those of you who have swimming pools should absolutely re-enact the trophy presentation ceremony.

Also in honor of the tournament's former longtime lover sponsor, Kraft-Nabisco, a nice spread of cookies and crackers seems like a keen idea.
A golfball wizard's

legitimatebeef

Post by legitimatebeef » Wed Mar 28, 2018 2:08 pm

And JHC, I very nearly forgot about this:

A golfball wizard's

srogers13

Post by srogers13 » Wed Mar 28, 2018 3:13 pm

legitimatebeef wrote:
Wed Mar 28, 2018 2:08 pm
And JHC, I very nearly forgot about this:

For some unknown reason ;) ;) , I get the feeling no member of this message board would be welcome to that party. :nope
I will stand in the fairway, I want to be out of your range.

jattruia

Post by jattruia » Wed Mar 28, 2018 3:26 pm

That's cool and all, but the weather down here literally turned to spring this week, and The Masters is about to start. Think i'll go ahead and continue not giving a shit about #thedinah

bkuehn1952
dogs: 0

Post by bkuehn1952 » Wed Mar 28, 2018 3:28 pm

legitimatebeef wrote:
Wed Mar 28, 2018 1:55 pm

P.S. you don't know that AA would've treated Justin Rose the same way. That is a colossal, gaping assumption, Jack.
I believe the person fielding the call for a lost set of golf clubs would have treated me, In-Kyung Kim and Justin Rose basically the same. People who know next to nothing about golf likely assume that one golf club is pretty much like every other one. I have no doubt that American Airlines does not have a policy that tells their employees to treat female professional golfers different than male professional golfers.

You know as much as I know on this subject, which is pretty close to -0-, Bob.
Let's Play 36
GHIN Handicap: 7.8 … 9.2 … Let’s just say I am around a 14!