2018 The Masters Tournament

legitimatebeef
dogs: 1

Re: 2018 The Masters Tournament

Post by legitimatebeef » Sat Apr 07, 2018 11:20 am

PGA Tour pros are magnificent talents, I wouldn't ever try to deny that. But they are such huge pussies in the face of bad weather. Any pro who wants to toughen up should do a week of ghetto golf ride-along with the Beefster in January.
A golfball wizard's
got such a supple wrist-cock

legitimatebeef

Post by legitimatebeef » Sat Apr 07, 2018 11:24 am

Phil looking so disinterested. Which is cool because you just never know what kind of ill-advised shot he might pull out of his butt.
A golfball wizard's

legitimatebeef

Post by legitimatebeef » Sat Apr 07, 2018 11:45 am

Phil is really hating life right now. :lolz

Yes, I am a ghoul. So are you. Literally the only difference is that you don't realize it.

Seriously lighten up. It's just a bad round of golf. He will survive it.
A golfball wizard's

Duke of Hazards

Post by Duke of Hazards » Sat Apr 07, 2018 4:06 pm

Baba - booey! Told you suckas. Rors gettin his swagger on.
Bluto did it

legitimatebeef

Post by legitimatebeef » Sat Apr 07, 2018 5:36 pm

Don't forgot about John Ram though.
A golfball wizard's

legitimatebeef

Post by legitimatebeef » Sun Apr 08, 2018 12:33 am

A golfball wizard's

legitimatebeef

Post by legitimatebeef » Sun Apr 08, 2018 9:33 am

It feels like February outside on Masters Sunday yet the tee-times are all booked up.

Conclusion: nobody likes Patrick Reed.

I am rooting for him. Obviously because everyone in golf dislikes him, but also because he is a gamer, and probably one of the mentally tougher players on tour. Also he is his own man which is a huge credit. He is young but an outsider to that whole gay Instagram generation of pro golfers.
A golfball wizard's

legitimatebeef

Post by legitimatebeef » Sun Apr 08, 2018 2:06 pm

Justin and Jordy paired together today. Friendship FTW :fuckall
A golfball wizard's

legitimatebeef

Post by legitimatebeef » Sun Apr 08, 2018 2:43 pm

The Reeds are a great love story. The missus was his original caddie and he loved having her out there. Together they qualified for the tour AND won. That is so sweet. :fuckall
A golfball wizard's

legitimatebeef

Post by legitimatebeef » Mon Apr 09, 2018 9:47 am

A golfball wizard's

bkuehn1952
dogs: 0

Post by bkuehn1952 » Mon Apr 09, 2018 11:15 am

I played Sunday in 37 degree, breezy weather. Got stuck in a major traffic jam going home. The highway was closed because of a fatal accident caused by a wrong way driver. Finally tuned in just after Spieth holed a long putt to go to 13 under. Things were really heating up when he canned that putt on #16 to go to -14. He played #18 a lot like many of us would have so the miracle did not occur.

My impression, solely from TV and the media, is that Reed is a bit hard to like but has amazing intensity. Years ago I read the character assassination done on him by numerous anonymous sources and a vindictive writer. At the time, I felt it was totally one-sided and unfair. I still believe that. This win will unfortunately stir the pot and bring out the knives. I am willing to give him the benefit of the doubt [until they have a video of him pushing a little child into a water hazard ;) ]
Let's Play 36
GHIN Handicap: 7.8 … 9.2 … Let’s just say I am around a 14!

sjduffers

Post by sjduffers » Mon Apr 09, 2018 12:55 pm

I am happy for srogers13 who won his bet at 50-1 (I had misread that he supported Rory and Stenson, in a reply post to mine, when there was indeed a post earlier when he mentioned Reed and Fleetwood, and his reply was not to me...). Other than that, meh... I don't particularly like Reed. Maybe he'll mature a bit now that he is a major champion, but that may be too much to ask.
I'm gonna go low this time...

legitimatebeef

Post by legitimatebeef » Mon Apr 09, 2018 1:11 pm

I will be straight here. I was openly rooting for Reed. I am not sure why. That he rubs most of the golf-watching public the wrong way is an obvious credit but that doesn't it explain it all. Everyone hates Poulter too, but that gives him zero cred with me, I hate him as well.

Maybe I like the way Patrick earned his way into pro golf, and also how he teamed up with his wife on the course in his early career, but that's not entirely it either. I believe that people more or less react to others on a mostly visceral basis. I.e. like and dislike are largely based on non-rational criteria.

One thing I clearly do appreciate about Reed is that he appears unconcerned with his image. He stands out among his peers, most of whom strike me as rather desperate to be liked and/or perceived as cool.
A golfball wizard's

legitimatebeef

Post by legitimatebeef » Mon Apr 09, 2018 1:19 pm

I like Rory as a person. He actually seems pretty down to earth. I don't enjoy seeing him win though. Rather I actually enjoy seeing him flop.

He is an extraordinary talent but it appears that he needs to "find" motivation in order to do well. I honestly believe Rory's winning at Bay Hill was a direct reaction to Tiger suddenly becoming the talk of the town. Because prior to that, Rory looked so lost out on the course.

At several points in his young career he has become lost. IMO these spells are never an issue with technique or talent, but with focus and determination. I can't really root for such a player.

I had this conversation with Mrs Beef yesterday and she was like, "Well, that's a waste of talent." But I was like, waste?! Rory has accomplished a lot, and he stands above his peers. He is going to the hall of fame! There are many more real wastes of talent out there, like Michelle Wie.
A golfball wizard's

GBOGEY

Post by GBOGEY » Mon Apr 09, 2018 2:09 pm

I won't say he's my favorite player but I pull for Patrick Reed a lot. I like players with a lot of fight, i.e. Stacy Lewis, and I appreciate a good short game. He's definitely tough. I hope he works on his image a little - would be good for him.

For some reason I don't like Rory at all. Off the course he seems like an articulate nice guy, but on the course he's either strutting (really can't stand) or staring at disbelief when he hits a bad shot. I tend to not like players who have putting for a weakness. I'm also not sure that Rory's talent is that much more over the top of everyone else. He is a phenomenal driver of the golf ball, but I don't think that any other part of his game stand out. I think that's why he's so surprised by bad shots - he almost always has a wedge in his hands. I'm in the camp that he wouldn't have four majors (probably more like 2) if it hadn't rained so hard those weeks and played into his strength.

legitimatebeef

Post by legitimatebeef » Mon Apr 09, 2018 3:00 pm

GBOGEY wrote:
Mon Apr 09, 2018 2:09 pm
For some reason I don't like Rory at all. Off the course he seems like an articulate nice guy, but on the course he's either strutting (really can't stand) or staring at disbelief when he hits a bad shot. I tend to not like players who have putting for a weakness. I'm also not sure that Rory's talent is that much more over the top of everyone else. He is a phenomenal driver of the golf ball, but I don't think that any other part of his game stand out. I think that's why he's so surprised by bad shots - he almost always has a wedge in his hands. I'm in the camp that he wouldn't have four majors (probably more like 2) if it hadn't rained so hard those weeks and played into his strength.
Never really registered with me but now that you mention it, I think you are right. His strides appear to get really long when he's feeling it. :lolz
A golfball wizard's

legitimatebeef

Post by legitimatebeef » Mon Apr 09, 2018 3:58 pm

I believe Justin and Jordan colluded to produce Jordan's charge. There were a few key putts where Justin gave Jordan a look. It was most obvious on 16, as things were getting desperate. :lolz There is, most likely, an unspoken pact between these two broiest of bros that is automatically invoked in such a situation. Against a common foe as Patrick Reed? I'd have such a hard time believing anything otherwise.

Put yourself in their shoes. You and your good pal from childhood are playing together in the final round of Masters, both longshots to take down a tournament leader that, let's face it, neither of us really like. If both of us happen to make a run, then obviously we won't try to help each other. But if just one of us is able to mount a charge and the other fall out of contention, then obviously. Dude. We like, have to team up. Dude.
Screen Shot 2018-04-09 at 3.54.19 PM.png
Screen Shot 2018-04-09 at 3.54.19 PM.png (867.39 KiB) Viewed 613 times
A golfball wizard's

legitimatebeef

Post by legitimatebeef » Mon Apr 09, 2018 4:20 pm

A golfball wizard's

jasonfish11
dogs: 2

Post by jasonfish11 » Mon Apr 09, 2018 4:56 pm

Oh man I want to know that back story, from both sides obviously.

Think they'll get their own TV show? Keeping up with the Reeds?

Side note, how do I change the font to Comic Sans to indicate sarcasm?
Keep it short stupid.

Duke of Hazards

Post by Duke of Hazards » Mon Apr 09, 2018 6:07 pm

I've read a few of the articles about Reed and the family issues.

It rings eerily close to a situation with my wife's foster parents and their estranged son (now reconciled).

Given all the snippets of information from the articles, my conclusion (obviously very speculative) is that Reed's wife might be a sociopathic bitch.
Bluto did it