Just Keep Swimming

jasonfish11
dogs: 2

Re: Just Keep Swimming

Post by jasonfish11 » Tue Oct 31, 2017 6:51 am

MattF wrote:Looks to me like you're dipping on your down swing.
"It's a process". When you compare it to prior videos I'm virtually staying still.
This is not burger king you can not have it your way.

MattF

Post by MattF » Tue Oct 31, 2017 12:02 pm

:thumbs
Throw me another ball will ya!

bryan k

Post by bryan k » Tue Oct 31, 2017 12:32 pm

jasonfish11 wrote:
MattF wrote:Looks to me like you're dipping on your down swing.
"It's a process". When you compare it to prior videos I'm virtually staying still.
I know this feeling as well. I have had a bad tendency to lift my front leg for as long as I can remember. Every once in a while, a playing partner comments on it. My response: "Yeah, you should have seen it three years ago."

jasonfish11

Post by jasonfish11 » Thu Nov 30, 2017 9:51 am

So I've been really focused lately on accuracy with driver. I'm making my "fairways" in the range about half of what they are normally. The reason is because the next course I'm playing is super tight, and many of the par 4's are long enough I can't just hit 4i/5i off the tee.

From my study on google maps I notice most courses have around 40-50 yards of "safe zone" where I'd be landing my ball. That isn't to say the FW's are that big but between tree lines (OB and trees, lake and bunker ect) there is that much room. And given the rough is pretty minimal in most courses (not too many bethpage blacks around) anything that gives me a clean look at the green and not in a hazard is a "FW" in my books. But the course I'm playing next the average width of most holes is around 30 yards between tree lines (or OB/tree).

I've really been focused on just trying to put drives in that tight window I'm making on the range. I've been keeping my swing short and smooth kind of like a mash up of John Rahm and In Gee Chun. I've been absolutely crushing the ball and it's going dead straight. It's amazing how much benefit it is to hit the center of the club face. Today in my 10 ball challenge (10 drives separated by 1 or 2 iron shots each). I hit the "narrow" FW with 7 of them, missed by less than 5 yards 2 times and 1 that we'll just not talk about.

Obviously this is at the range when I can easily stay loose. So we'll see what happens when I'm playing a 5+ hour tournament round on 12/10. Waiting does some nasty stuff to my golf game, but I'm trying to really increase the time between shots on the range to incorporate a fake "wait" but it's not really feasible to wait 10-12 min between each ball I hit.

jasonfish11

Post by jasonfish11 » Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:02 am

I think tomorrow I'm going to walk 4 holes before work (course business permitting) and really cut the FW in half. Make myself try to put the ball on a specific half of the FW instead of just hit and hope. Maybe the whole aim small/miss small concept is taking effect too?

jasonfish11

Post by jasonfish11 » Tue Dec 19, 2017 10:03 am

Been sick the last couple of days and didn't get to head to the range much last week because of sub freezing temps.

So I went to the range today expecting it to be terrible. I knew I wasn't 100% "strength" wise.

After hitting 2 or 3 shots terribly by trying to over power everything while still feeling weak. The next one I got to the top of my back swing then cleared my hips and my arms feeling a little like wet spaghetti noodles just kind of fell into place, launching the ball high and far right off the center of the club face.

I proceeded to do this with the rest of the bucket. The tees on the range were up near the front meaning the spare chipping green (for lessons) was about 320 yards away. I was surprised how far I was hitting it, so I marked 4 of the range balls hit them at the green and went to look for them at the end of the bucket (no one else was there). I found 2 of them less than 20 yards from the green. This is winter and I'm coming off a cold swinging with arms that feel like wet spaghetti. It just adds another notch in the argument that center of the club face is way more important than trying to swing hard.

jasonfish11

Post by jasonfish11 » Thu Feb 01, 2018 1:15 pm

Been a while, glad to see I no longer go past parallel.

Sorry about the audio the wind was about 20-30 mph dead into my face. I should have uploaded them on mute.

jasonfish11

Post by jasonfish11 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:50 am

So I've been working on the pull hook issues I had over the last couple of weeks.

After some review of everything I've concluded it's coming from a more vertical back swing which has me coming "over the top" in the downswing. But I'm coming OTT with a shut face.

I've been fighting to get my back swing more vertical for a while, because with my flat single plane swing I was prone to getting "stuck" and missing it both ways. The back swing isn't the issue it's the transition that is causing the OTT move. I'm not shallowing the club like I should be with a more vertical swing.

So recently I've really been focusing on firing my trail elbow in transition. This move shallows the club and allows me to turn with out coming OTT. It's a different feeling for me, I feel like my right elbow is going into my left front pocket (in reality it's no where near that far a head of my body). I am starting to be able to make this move on clubs that I have a downward angle of attack on, irons through 3w. But I feel all out of sorts trying to do this with driver.

The good news is when I put this move on the ball I hit a really high ball that is just a slight fade. I think I may just work for the next 1-2 weeks on only hitting clubs other than driver. Then gradually start bringing the driver back into play once things feel to be less of a conscious effort.

The last ball I hit on the range today was possibly one of the cleanest, smoothest and best 7i's I've hit in a really long time. It was one of those shots where the sound was just different but you don't feel anything when the ball hits the club.

jasonfish11

Post by jasonfish11 » Fri Mar 30, 2018 1:35 pm

legitimatebeef wrote:
Fri Mar 30, 2018 1:01 pm
jasonfish11 wrote:
Fri Mar 30, 2018 11:12 am
Some of the best ball striking I've had in a while. But man the wind was whipping at the end. Check out holes 12 and 13. I hit 2 crisp pure irons. One a 123 yard 9i the next was a 185 yard 8i.
No turn n' cast baby! :banana
You say this and it's not far off. I'm working on this feeling. Both are about not letting your body get ahead of your arms.

jasonfish11

Post by jasonfish11 » Sun Apr 08, 2018 11:46 am

Just ordered launch monitor for my birthday, fathers day, and Christmas present in 2018.

Should be here in the next week.

Duke of Hazards

Post by Duke of Hazards » Mon Apr 09, 2018 6:13 pm

Awesome. Which one did you get?

jasonfish11

Post by jasonfish11 » Mon Apr 09, 2018 8:41 pm

Skytrak

Duke of Hazards

Post by Duke of Hazards » Mon Apr 09, 2018 11:47 pm

Cool. Are you getting a screen or going to use a tablet or laptop? Any companion software?

jasonfish11

Post by jasonfish11 » Tue Apr 10, 2018 6:59 am

Just hooking laptop up to the tv.

As of now I'm not getting any simulation golf like TGC or anything. Just the play & improve package from skytrak.

Duke of Hazards

Post by Duke of Hazards » Tue Apr 10, 2018 3:02 pm

Sounds good. I have dreams of doing it someday, need to get a garage built first.

jasonfish11

Post by jasonfish11 » Tue Apr 10, 2018 3:18 pm

I'm sure I'll have plenty of reports early next week. Scheduled to be delivered on Thursday.

jasonfish11

Post by jasonfish11 » Thu Apr 12, 2018 1:24 pm

Waiting for the UPS truck to get here today SUCKS.

I haven't been this excited since Christmas eve 20+ years ago.

jasonfish11

Post by jasonfish11 » Thu Apr 12, 2018 8:00 pm

Ups gets here at 7pm on the dot. 6 hours of charging. Ugh Christmas will never get here.

Duke of Hazards

Post by Duke of Hazards » Thu Apr 12, 2018 8:38 pm

Duke of Hazards

Post by Duke of Hazards » Fri Apr 13, 2018 12:15 pm

Is it charged? I know its been more than 6 hours. Photos....

srogers13

Post by srogers13 » Fri Apr 13, 2018 12:17 pm

He probably fell asleep right before it got fully charged.
I will stand in the fairway, I want to be out of your range.

jasonfish11

Post by jasonfish11 » Fri Apr 13, 2018 1:21 pm

Haha right before. I'm old I fell asleep 2-3 hours before it was fully charged. This morning I got the App set up and ready to go and placed it where it needs to go. But I haven't hit any balls yet. I had to go to the office today, and I have a tee ball game tonight (well not me my son). So I won't be able to use it until late tonight.

srogers13

Post by srogers13 » Fri Apr 13, 2018 1:30 pm

jasonfish11 wrote:
Fri Apr 13, 2018 1:21 pm
I had to go to the office today, and I have a tee ball game tonight (well not me my son). So I won't be able to use it until late tonight.
Well, you do hit balls off of a tee, so in a sense you do have a tee ball game tonight, if you can stay awake.
I will stand in the fairway, I want to be out of your range.

sjduffers

Post by sjduffers » Fri Apr 13, 2018 1:54 pm

@srogers13, :lolz :rofl
I'm gonna go low this time...

jasonfish11

Post by jasonfish11 » Fri Apr 13, 2018 10:49 pm

7i
Attachments
IMG_20180413_224833.jpg
IMG_20180413_224833.jpg (911.41 KiB) Viewed 884 times