Attachments
IMG_20181011_130232.jpg
IMG_20181011_130232.jpg (1.46 MiB) Viewed 111 times
Keep it short stupid.

jasonfish11
dogs: 2

Re: Just Keep Swimming

Post by jasonfish11 » Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:14 pm

So since my last videos I've made some small simple changes and the results are incredible. The two things I focus on are taking the club back vertically and keeping some flex in my trail knee.

In the video I was bringing the club back low then lifting it causing and OTT move to avoid a snap hook. The hook was caused because my hips were sliding back and I was flipping my hands at the ball.

So keeping the flex in my knee prevents sliding of my hips, and bringing the club back more vertically keeps me on plane.

My consistency has gotten much better. The swings feel super smooth and fluid but they are going about a half club further. I picked up 10 yards with driver and it's going much straighter. I feel like everything has recently fallen into place.

Que shooting 95 in my next round.
Keep it short stupid.

jasonfish11
dogs: 2

Re: Just Keep Swimming

Post by jasonfish11 » Tue Nov 27, 2018 10:19 am

I was reading a thread about putting at wrx. The person kept describing their putting issues and it sounded like they were describing my putting. Decent lag putter, but pretty terrible inside 15'. Miss too many 3-5' putts and don't really make many from 5-15' either.

They talked about how they weren't able to roll the ball "true" and they hit basically a big cut. So I put a line on my golf ball and hit some putts, the results were insane. The line would instantly not roll end over end, on a 4-5' putt it looked like the line was perpendicular to the hole as soon as I made impact. So I made some changes to the lie of my putter and my grip and the ball started rolling straight almost instantly.

I basically went from a pretty flat lie angle to almost vertical, thankfully my putter allows me to quickly change the lie angle. This made me feel like I was standing on top of the ball, and I feel like I'm going to hit my big toe in my back swing. The other change I made was I made my right hand more neutral (feels weak). My palm was facing my left leg, but I rolled it over so it's now facing the target. The ball doesn't lie, it started rolling end over end instead of what ever the hell I was doing to it before.

Here are some videos, they are 2 consecutive putts, one with my old setup and the other with the new one. I noticed in the second one I still release inside my line pretty hard, so I hit a few more putts concentrating on releasing the club down the line towards the hole and the ball started rolling perfectly end over end.

Old

New
Keep it short stupid.