The World Famous Sir Nicholas Alexander Faldo Early Wrist-set Drill

legitimatebeef
dogs: 1

Re: The World Famous Sir Nicholas Alexander Faldo Early Wrist-set Drill

Postby legitimatebeef » Sat Jul 01, 2017 5:52 pm

I find BK's opinions on technique interesting, especially since they come from a decent player. He seems to side-eye any kind of attempt to improve one's swing. I don't think he's actually ever said it this way, but responses seem to imply that nobody ever needs to work on their swing, rather they simply need to get out on the course more often, and maybe take on a more positive, carefree attitude. I mean I can see some truth to that philosophy, but I can also attest that there are people who have real technical issues that require some effort and concerted study to correct.
insufficient data

legitimatebeef

Postby legitimatebeef » Mon Jul 10, 2017 10:44 am

I will not hide in the shadows any longer. I need to let my light shine bright.

The wrist set has changed my life. There can be no more hiding. At first I was hesitant, to set the wrists early. I was afraid. Not just of failure, but of condemnation from the general golfing community. Why, I am not quite sure. Have mercy on them, Faldo. All good swingers hinge the wrist a certain way. Some do it early in the swing, some late, some in the middle. In the end, what is the goddamn difference. Is my question to you.

But hey, if someone wants to poo-poo my lifestyle choices I guess I am okay with it now. I am out and I am proud. Don't care how early of a wrist set I have. Can't happen early enough far as I'm concerned. No more toe-dipping, I am jumping in like a cannonball. It works for me. It keeps me on plane physically and mentally. In fact my wrists are set right now and I'm miles away from any golf course or range.

This drill slash concept has opened the door to understanding the separate phases of the backswing and downswing. Jesus Christ. No more living in darkness.
insufficient data

DougE

Postby DougE » Mon Jul 10, 2017 11:42 am

It's added at least 10 yards to my irons. People around my club have been noticing and commenting about my early wrist-set, but many of those same people have been commenting on how well...and how far---I have been hitting my irons of late. It really pisses one of my buddies off when he pulls out his 7W on a long par three and then I pull out 6 iron and fly it just as far. I am yucking it up inside! I have so much more confidence over most iron shots, even those which don't offer good lies. It's immediately obvious that my ballspeed has been much better as a result of the early-wrist-set for the last couple months. Pooh-pooh it if you all want, but it has really given me a new lease on my golf life. I feel like I can play well for more years going forward than I thought possible.

I am 100% with you on this one Beef. Early-wrist-setters, stand proud! :yess

legitimatebeef

Postby legitimatebeef » Thu Jul 13, 2017 2:50 pm

Noticed that Michelle Wie is rocking some super early wrist set lately, for what its worth.
insufficient data

Return to “The Golf Technique Forum”