New Spikes - Stand Taller?

bkuehn1952
dogs: 0

New Spikes - Stand Taller?

Postby bkuehn1952 » Tue Apr 11, 2017 6:50 pm

I replaced some very very worn soft spikes in my shoes. Today was a better ball striking day. Could standing 1/16 of an inch taller make a difference? No way but I am going to tell myself that has been the problem for the past 6 weeks. :school
Let's Play 36
GHIN Handicap: 7.8 … 9.2 … Let’s just say I am around a 14!

Duke of Hazards

Re: New Spikes - Stand Taller?

Postby Duke of Hazards » Tue Apr 11, 2017 7:47 pm

I too have noticed the difference that better traction can give you. I used to wear the casual Fred Couples type shoes, but now I'm back to more serious golf shoes and it's made a difference.

GBOGEY

Postby GBOGEY » Wed Apr 12, 2017 8:58 pm

Duke of Hazards wrote:I too have noticed the difference that better traction can give you. I used to wear the casual Fred Couples type shoes, but now I'm back to more serious golf shoes and it's made a difference.

I never think of these things, but today I parred the first 5 holes and then slipped on my tee shot on #6, a long par 3. Still put a good whack on the ball but was close enough to the green that I clearly would have hit it had I not slipped. Still almost made par but missed a 5 footer.

bryan k

Postby bryan k » Thu Apr 13, 2017 10:38 pm

I might be the only person in the world who changes out my golf spikes more often than my grips.

The first time I slip, I change my spikes. I do it in the car after the round. I always have a bunch of extra sets of spikes. I view it as the most important piece of golf gear I have. They are all that is anchoring me to the ground. If I slip, I cannot possibly make a good golf shot.

bkuehn1952
dogs: 0

Postby bkuehn1952 » Sun Apr 16, 2017 1:01 pm

Well, the ball striking 'magic" continues. While I am no Justin Rose, I am certainly better than 2 weeks ago. Must be the spikes. :thumbs
Let's Play 36
GHIN Handicap: 7.8 … 9.2 … Let’s just say I am around a 14!

bryan k

Postby bryan k » Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:23 pm

I am convinced of it. I cannot execute a decent shot without a good pair of spikes. As I said, it's the one piece of equipment I won't compromise on.

Return to “The Golf Technique Forum”