Talk about your weather thread

legitimatebeef

Talk about your weather thread

Post by legitimatebeef »

Been meaning for a while to do this. The weather has been interesting this whole year in our part of southern California. And now we await an ultra rare event, an approaching hurricane slash tropical storm. People are freaking out as you probably guessed. Over here summers are typically bone dry. I never experienced a summer rain until I was like 24.

Prior to this, we have had great weather. Keep hearing about places that are suffering extreme heat, but we have been spared. Lately it's been a little sticky, but generally we are living the endless summer California dream. (missing that old barf emoticon)
bkuehn1952.2

Re: Talk about your weather thread

Post by bkuehn1952.2 »

We have had a very temperate summer. Rarely in the high 80’s, maybe one or two days hit 90. June was dry but we have had a lot of rain in July and August. We have run the AC maybe 2-3 days. I think the smoke from our northern neighbors has reflected the sunlight and the result is a cooler and damper summer. Evenings cool off nicely in the high 50’s or 60’s so a fan is all one needs.
MattF

Post by MattF »

We've been about the same @bkuehn1952.2 has been. I think we may have gotten some bit higher temps but it hasn't been too bad except for the rain.
legitimatebeef

Post by legitimatebeef »

Well shit, now I don't feel so guilty. The news made me think that most of the world been burning lately.
GBOGEY

Post by GBOGEY »

July and August have been brutally hot here. Heat index 105-110 on regular basis. I've even taken to riding on the occasional round. They keep telling me September is nice here.
legitimatebeef

Post by legitimatebeef »

Anyone heard about the earthquakes just happened this afternoon, centered in Ojai, CA?
DougE

Post by DougE »

Just saw it on TV after the golf tournament on CBS. My first thought was of you, Beef. Hope you had no damage.
bkuehn1952.2

Post by bkuehn1952.2 »

The “news” says 5.1 centered in Oxnard. What is a 5.1 like? Dishes fall out of cabinets? Cracks in concrete? Hope everything is okay.
legitimatebeef

Post by legitimatebeef »

I went through a couple earthquakes as a kid. They were like gentle rolling sensations. This one, maybe because we're so close to the center, was violent and jerky. Short-lived though. Many aftershocks since. We are on edge. An empty 5 gallon bucket fell from on top our stacked washer/dryer, it made a big racket and the whole situation seem quite worse than it actually was. :lol:
legitimatebeef

Post by legitimatebeef »

DougE wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2023 3:38 pm Just saw it on TV after the golf tournament on CBS. My first thought was of you, Beef. Hope you had no damage.
I was watching golf too! Maybe it was CBS LA only but I kept seeing "Ojai" on the news scroll. Anyways good to hear from the Dougmeister.