MattF

Re: The Tiger Thread

Post by MattF » Fri Nov 03, 2017 12:12 pm

:lolz
Throw me another ball will ya!

bryan k

Post by bryan k » Fri Nov 03, 2017 6:54 pm

Well....back in 2008 or 2009, I bet my dad $20 that Tiger would win another Major. I already paid him.

bkuehn1952
dogs: 0

Post by bkuehn1952 » Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:01 am

I will need to consider whether I want to watch this spectacle or not. I really do not want to see an out of shape, balding Tiger struggle to make pars with a swing that looks more like mine than Tiger-2008.

Maybe Sunday depending on our weather here in the Frigid Mitten.
Let's Play 36
GHIN Handicap: 7.8 … 9.2 … Let’s just say I am around a 14!

legitimatebeef
dogs: 1

Post by legitimatebeef » Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:07 am

bkuehn1952 wrote:I really do not want to see an out of shape, balding Tiger struggle to make pars with a swing that looks more like mine than Tiger-2008.
Honestly that sounds pretty compelling. Any golfer who wins upwards of seventy times on the PGA Tour alone is a super special kind of golfer IMHO. Even those who only got to sixty-something, like Hogan or Palmer...their game is a class above the rest and therefore whatever they do on the golf course thereafter, even if it's just eating a pb&J, or stepping into a port-a-john, is interesting. Especially when they have been out of action for many months!

Tiger Woods is a throwback to a past era in which you had to earn your publicity. So I get it, he probably seems boring and washed up to the new generation of golf fan like Kuehn. Those people IMO are better off following basketball and its newest sensations, the Ball Brothers, and their dad. These guys are so hip and of the moment it's not even funny.
A golfball wizard's
got such a supple wrist-cock

Duke of Hazards

Post by Duke of Hazards » Wed Nov 08, 2017 8:13 pm

Lol.

legitimatebeef

Post by legitimatebeef » Sun Nov 26, 2017 11:26 am

Tiger played golf with Trump and Dustin Johnson. What do you think about that? I think the whole thing is weird and starfuckerish but that's about it. We ought to have discussions about shit like this, simply because we can. At other so-called golf messageboards, any such kind of discussion will cause gasping and panic and then immediate shutdown. We on the other hand have no such lame, quite frankly neutered policies here, so let's fire away.
A golfball wizard's

legitimatebeef

Post by legitimatebeef » Sun Nov 26, 2017 11:28 am

Also Tiger is back in action this week. Rumors say that in casual rounds he is hitting it past people like Rickiee, and even Dustin Johnston (according to that pencil necked geek Brad Faxon at least.)

Personally I think Tiger will win this week. After parsing through all the rumors and hearsay, that seems to be a fairly safe bet.
A golfball wizard's

jasonfish11
dogs: 2

Post by jasonfish11 » Sun Nov 26, 2017 12:20 pm

As much as I hate Trump I don't think I'd ever turn down the opportunity to play golf with the president. So I don't read much into playing golf with Trump other than this is Trump's 8x round since becoming president. I told my wife I'm running in 2020 so I can play more golf (after I asked her if being president of the HOA comes with the same benefit).

But be assured that I would call his ass out for cheating and I'd do it publicly if I played with him.
This is not burger king you can not have it your way.

legitimatebeef

Post by legitimatebeef » Sun Nov 26, 2017 2:41 pm

Tiger won't ever say no to a commander in chief, I believe. Too much of a military/patriotic guy to do otherwise. I think the foursome says more about the SCROTUS than the players. DJ I am guessing Trump likes because he's #1, and he's won on a Trump course. But the Tiger pick surprises me a little. Maybe it shouldn't. After all Tiger lives right by the so-called winter white house. Phil lives all the way in California.
A golfball wizard's

legitimatebeef

Post by legitimatebeef » Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:14 am

A golfball wizard's

legitimatebeef

Post by legitimatebeef » Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:22 am

A golfball wizard's

legitimatebeef

Post by legitimatebeef » Mon Nov 27, 2017 12:22 pm

A golfball wizard's

bkuehn1952

Post by bkuehn1952 » Mon Nov 27, 2017 2:31 pm

legitimatebeef wrote: We on the other hand have no such lame, quite frankly neutered policies here, so let's fire away.
I am with jfish on this, when the President calls, I play golf. Yes, I find many aspects of the Donald's behavior to be abhorrent, childish or just plain crazy but playing golf with the President is more a show of respect for the office.
Let's Play 36

bkuehn1952

Post by bkuehn1952 » Mon Nov 27, 2017 2:32 pm

With Tiger using a shorter backswing, in 20+ years he may have the same swing I currently am stuck with.
Let's Play 36

legitimatebeef

Post by legitimatebeef » Mon Nov 27, 2017 2:41 pm

A golfball wizard's

legitimatebeef

Post by legitimatebeef » Mon Nov 27, 2017 4:27 pm

TV times (ET):

Thursday-Friday 12:30-4:30pm Golf Channel
Saturday 12:30-2:30pm Golf Channel, 2:30-5pm NBC
Sunday 11:00am-1pm Golf Channel, 2:30-5pm NBC

Be there or be square :devil
A golfball wizard's

MattF

Post by MattF » Tue Nov 28, 2017 5:58 am

One of my wife's Uncles will be playing in the Pro-Am there on Wednesday. He's partnered with Justin Rose...lucky bastard.

jasonfish11

Post by jasonfish11 » Tue Nov 28, 2017 7:09 am

MattF wrote:One of my wife's Uncles will be playing in the Pro-Am there on Wednesday. He's partnered with Justin Rose...lucky bastard.
Ugh that has to be expensive. I. Looked at doing 2 LPGA pro am rounds at the kingsmill for my dad's birthday. It was going to be nearly $10k if I remember correctly.

bryan k

Post by bryan k » Tue Nov 28, 2017 11:33 am

I would ordinarily say that when the president calls, I do his bidding.

With Trump, it's difficult. It's not because I don't like the guy, either. It's because people around him have a funny way of becoming scapegoats. I want nothing to do with Trump, but it's more out of fear than anything else. He's got a long history of successfully screwing people over, and he has enough wealth and power to fully and completely destroy me. I want nothing to do with that.

MattF

Post by MattF » Tue Nov 28, 2017 12:12 pm

jasonfish11 wrote:
MattF wrote:One of my wife's Uncles will be playing in the Pro-Am there on Wednesday. He's partnered with Justin Rose...lucky bastard.
Ugh that has to be expensive. I. Looked at doing 2 LPGA pro am rounds at the kingsmill for my dad's birthday. It was going to be nearly $10k if I remember correctly.
I would expect it's quite spendy, with the private jet flight as well...but what are you going to do when you have a billionaire friend that you now work for trying to make you a millionaire? :o

legitimatebeef

Post by legitimatebeef » Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:54 pm

I like how people still feel the need to make this disclaimer, "now personally, I don't like Trump..." LOL as if that needs to be said. That's like saying, "Ahh just a personal thing, but I'm really not into horrible foul odors." Sorry I just have to laugh my ass off at the thought of a reality in which anybody actually likes that kind of a personality/pathology. Like anyone in history has ever said anything to the effect of, "Hey that Donald Trump, what a charming guy, what a cool dude. I wouldn't mind hanging out with him, or taking a cross country road trip with him, I think it'd be a good time!"
A golfball wizard's

jasonfish11

Post by jasonfish11 » Tue Nov 28, 2017 4:15 pm

My sister-in-law claims to "like" trump. Or at least she "thinks he's done a lot of good things."

But when I pressed her with a "got 'ya" question of "like what?" she didn't have an answer.

Then she proceeded to respond "oh god" when my wife told her I was a libertarian. So I asked another tricky one of "can you tell me one key difference between the republican party, the democratic party, and the libertarian party." Her response was "no" I then proceeded to say, "well then your opinion is worthless."

That was a great day after Thanksgiving dinner conversation. lol

legitimatebeef

Post by legitimatebeef » Tue Nov 28, 2017 4:27 pm

jasonfish11 wrote:My sister-in-law claims to "like" trump. Or at least she "thinks he's done a lot of good things."
That's politically motivated talk IMO. I'm talking liking on a human level. Trump is sociopathic. There is something very wrong with the way he relates to the outside world and other people. If he wasn't wealthy, famous or powerful nobody would have time for him.
A golfball wizard's

legitimatebeef

Post by legitimatebeef » Tue Nov 28, 2017 4:33 pm

Anyways, sorry to derail thread with unfortunate subject matter. I am psyched for this tournament. Who cares if Tiger flops. Just interesting to see What's Going On and if the dude can still play golf. Yeah yeah I am stupid and gay because I support washed up people instead of doing the easy thing and jumping aboard that whole Jason-Jordan-Rickie-Justin Friendship Party Train. Yeah okay they are good I get it. But let's be objective here, Woods still literally has more wins and more majors than Jason, Jordan, Rickie and Justin combined. Throw Dustin in there too if you want. Shit, throw Phil and all his wins in there too I still don't think they add up to one Tiger career. I apologize for being an ass about it but hey those are the facts jack.
A golfball wizard's

jasonfish11

Post by jasonfish11 » Tue Nov 28, 2017 4:49 pm

I'm excited. I think if you grew up watching or playing golf between 1997 and 2008 you understand why. If you took up golf after that it's probably hard to grasp why anyone cares.

But 97-08 was just so amazing. It isn't that today's players aren't good, they just aren't as good as Tiger was. I mean you watch now and when they are in contention Jordan will shank an iron, or DJ will chunk a chip, ect. When Tiger was in contention he never did that type of stuff. Yeah he was wild w/ his driver but because he knew he WOULD recover. Not that he knew he COULD recover. It was just a whole different level of perfection than you have today. It's hard for me to explain. The possibility of seeing that 1 more season, 1 more month, or even 1 more tournament is too much to not up the excitement levels.