jattruia

Re: 2018 LPGA thread

Post by jattruia » Wed Mar 28, 2018 3:46 pm

srogers13 wrote:
Wed Mar 28, 2018 3:13 pm
legitimatebeef wrote:
Wed Mar 28, 2018 2:08 pm
And JHC, I very nearly forgot about this:

For some unknown reason ;) ;) , I get the feeling no member of this message board would be welcome to that party. :nope
Yeah, i think 'Lez link up' means it's a pretty exclusive party.

legitimatebeef
dogs: 1

Post by legitimatebeef » Wed Mar 28, 2018 4:18 pm

bkuehn1952 wrote:
Wed Mar 28, 2018 3:28 pm
You know as much as I know on this subject, which is pretty close to -0-, Bob.
Agreed! So let's side with the golfer, why not.
A golfball wizard's
got such a supple wrist-cock

legitimatebeef

Post by legitimatebeef » Wed Mar 28, 2018 4:21 pm

jattruia wrote:
Wed Mar 28, 2018 3:26 pm
That's cool and all, but the weather down here literally turned to spring this week, and The Masters is about to start. Think i'll go ahead and continue not giving a shit about #thedinah
That's fine but you still posted in an LPGA thread! I am going to go ahead a notch that as a small win for women's golf fandom.
A golfball wizard's

legitimatebeef

Post by legitimatebeef » Wed Mar 28, 2018 4:33 pm

bkuehn1952 wrote:
Wed Mar 28, 2018 3:28 pm
I believe the person fielding the call for a lost set of golf clubs would have treated me, In-Kyung Kim and Justin Rose basically the same. People who know next to nothing about golf likely assume that one golf club is pretty much like every other one. I have no doubt that American Airlines does not have a policy that tells their employees to treat female professional golfers different than male professional golfers.
This is how they get you, by the way. Use logic to convince you that these are actual human beings. That you are the mean, heartless one to view people like that.

Listen I acknowledge that corporate employees are people. That every employee of, say American Airlines, is an actual human with actual feelings and loved ones and stuff. I do not dispute that. What I am saying, in these such interactions as with IK Kim, they are AGENTS of their employer. In this specific capacity, they are not acting as individuals. Outside of flipping out and going postal, their actions represent their employer. If not, then what the hell are they doing?!

Anyhow I don't think we are even talking about the same thing. The "you should rent clubs" thing pisses me off because it's not just a pointless, inhuman thing to say, it's also a very irritating thing to say. All it does is inflame the hemorrhoid. It's pretty much on the level of telling someone who is pissed off that they "should just lighten up".
A golfball wizard's

legitimatebeef

Post by legitimatebeef » Wed Mar 28, 2018 6:03 pm

jattruia wrote:
Wed Mar 28, 2018 3:46 pm
srogers13 wrote:
Wed Mar 28, 2018 3:13 pm
For some unknown reason ;) ;) , I get the feeling no member of this message board would be welcome to that party. :nope
Yeah, i think 'Lez link up' means it's a pretty exclusive party.
https://thedinah.com/faqs

Can my guy friends attend with me? Yes, we don’t exclude guys … as long as they behave!
A golfball wizard's

legitimatebeef

Post by legitimatebeef » Wed Mar 28, 2018 6:04 pm

So in other words, you may or may not be welcome at the party. The ball is in your court.
A golfball wizard's

DougE

Post by DougE » Wed Mar 28, 2018 6:32 pm

Beef, if it makes you feel any better, I too am 100% on I-KK's side here. And it pissed me off to hear that kind of response by AA. What I would do to get some satisfaction from big corporate AA, is go ballistic at the counter (in a respectful way), on the phone and, most importantly, on social media and continue to make a federal case out of it as long as possible. And I would do it even if I was just plain old, 7.2 index golfer DougE from somewhere in Maryland out in farm country.

I understand stuff happens and things can somehow go missing. But, they damn well better be found quickly. There are closed circuit cameras all over airports. If they wanted to find out what happened, they could have with a bit more effort. Understandably, they can't do this for every piece of missing luggage for every Joe Schmoe who comes up empty at the baggage claim. But in a case like this, they should do whatever it takes to find the clubs they lost, before they end up at a consignment shop or for sale out of the back of some scumbag's van, and the pro golfer warns the rest of the LPGA, PGA and the world about how insensitive and irresponsible AA was.

"Just go rent some clubs" is not what you say to anyone after you lost theirs, let alone a high-profile touring pro. If renting clubs at our destination was a realistic, practical option or common sense decision for all golfers, why would any of us even think of lugging ours all over the world to play the game? That sure would be much easier. But, we need OUR clubs. The ones we know and love. The ones we trust. To dehumanize us by suggesting that we can just go use any old clubs and have the same heartfelt connection to them is just irrational on their part. I would make sure the world knows not to ever trust them again with my children clubs.

I would also insure my clubs for enough money to allow me to replace them, along with a couple dozen Titleist AVX or Pro V1s, the Staff bag, and everything else inside of it with all new versions, spec'd and fitted exactly like the lost ones, including a few bucks extra for overnight express shipping services. Oh, and the cost of top-shelf rental clubs for a day while I wait for my new ones to arrive. I would assume, if insurance like that is available (typically through the airline), I-KK was likely smart enough to purchase it. After hearing of this, I know I will be next time I fly with my clubs. $10K worth oughta cover them. :o

legitimatebeef

Post by legitimatebeef » Fri Mar 30, 2018 1:03 pm

I like Sweden's Pernilla Lindberg because she reminds me of Cheryl, Larry David's poor TV wife.
A golfball wizard's

jasonfish11
dogs: 2

Post by jasonfish11 » Fri Mar 30, 2018 1:32 pm

I can't stand the giant sunglasses she is wearing. Looks like she just had her eyes dilated.
Keep it short stupid.

legitimatebeef

Post by legitimatebeef » Fri Mar 30, 2018 2:07 pm

Pernilla also reps Trader Joe's and I have to confess, I go there a lot. They have my beer.
A golfball wizard's

Duke of Hazards

Post by Duke of Hazards » Fri Mar 30, 2018 8:05 pm

My wife used the last Peak IPA to make beer can chicken. I was like, we have a 30 pack of Miller Lite in the pantry. Why couldn't you use one of those to stick up the chicken's ass? She claimed she didn't know we had those, but I think she did it to piss me off.
Bluto did it

legitimatebeef

Post by legitimatebeef » Sat Mar 31, 2018 3:19 pm

Duke of Hazards wrote:
Fri Mar 30, 2018 8:05 pm
My wife used the last Peak IPA to make beer can chicken. I was like, we have a 30 pack of Miller Lite in the pantry. Why couldn't you use one of those to stick up the chicken's ass? She claimed she didn't know we had those, but I think she did it to piss me off.
LAME :nope
A golfball wizard's

legitimatebeef

Post by legitimatebeef » Sat Mar 31, 2018 3:27 pm

Okay so I've been keeping mum about it but one of my favorite players is leading thru 54 holes and no it's not Pernilla "Cheryl" Lindberg.

Sung Hyun Park. The Terminator. Shut up and attack. The future of golf.

A golfball wizard's

jasonfish11

Post by jasonfish11 » Sat Mar 31, 2018 5:47 pm

The Terminator > the optometrist

But man s h parks swing is nice. Same with in gee Chun. I guess s. Korea is just a women's swing factory.
Keep it short stupid.

legitimatebeef

Post by legitimatebeef » Sat Mar 31, 2018 9:30 pm

Went out to dinner and came back to find the ruins of an epic choke job. :facepalm

If forced to place a bet, it would be on the great Inbee Park :facepalm
A golfball wizard's

jasonfish11

Post by jasonfish11 » Sat Mar 31, 2018 10:05 pm

That's probably the safe bet.

I'll go with Hull. I don't like very much about her game but man she swings hard at every shot, which I kind of find humorous.
Keep it short stupid.

legitimatebeef

Post by legitimatebeef » Sun Apr 01, 2018 11:37 am

This golf course is really boring, the announcing crew insufferable, and the whole tournament and its traditions pathetically archaic and out of step with the world in 2018.

That said, I am still looking forward to watching tonight. Couple of my favorites are still in it, and there is massive potential for spectacular wreckage. I.e. a lot of unknown/unaccomplished players perched up way too high on the leaderboard. Their palms are sweating as we speak. I don't know if I've ever tuned into a golf event specifically to see poor play but hey there is a first time for everything.
A golfball wizard's

DougE

Post by DougE » Sun Apr 01, 2018 8:14 pm

I would have said Ariya (she was always one of my pics in the LegitimateGolf fantasy golf we had last year....you know, when everyone quit on me.....losers :o ), but she was 8 back to start the day. So I didn't say anything. She's now tied for the lead, but unfortunately, already in the clubhouse.

DougE

Post by DougE » Sun Apr 01, 2018 10:34 pm

Wow. What a great non-ending. In the dark. No decision. Inbee and Pernilla. See you tomorrow.

DougE

Post by DougE » Mon Apr 02, 2018 12:21 pm

And it's finally over after 4 more holes today. Pernilla wins, but both were awesome. Took 8 holes of playoff golf to finally crown a winner. As good as Inbee putted, it was Pernilla's putting that got her the crown. I think I like this girl, yet really didn't know much about her before the ANA this year. Sorry Beef. Inbee is still amazing, though.

legitimatebeef

Post by legitimatebeef » Mon Apr 02, 2018 12:42 pm

I have no more goodwill for Pernilla Lindberg. I watched her play many holes, many shots. She is so slow, and I hate that.
A golfball wizard's

legitimatebeef

Post by legitimatebeef » Mon Apr 02, 2018 1:53 pm

In case you haven't heard, Terry Gannon was caught on mic during a commercial break, dismissing the leap-in-pond ceremony as manufactured and stupid. Ha ha. Now that someone on the inside has said something, we can all talk about it.
A golfball wizard's

legitimatebeef

Post by legitimatebeef » Tue Apr 03, 2018 5:37 pm

So BK, I'm sure you were watching with interest as Ann Arbor's own Jennifer Song contended for the... hello? BK?
A golfball wizard's

legitimatebeef

Post by legitimatebeef » Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:03 am

TONIGHT

TONIGHT

TONITE

The LPGA comes at you live from the 51st state of the union. Birthplace of Michelle Wie, Barack Obama and other historical figures.

I don't have the energy to hype this one up. Sorry. I have lost faith in all of you as fans of women's golf. So I will just leave these TV times and be on my way. :breaking

Thurs 7-11pm EST Golf Channel
Fri 7-11pm EST Golf Channel
Sat 7-11pm EST Golf Channel
Sun 7-11pm EST Golf Channel

HOLY FUCKIN SHIT. That's 16 hours of live coverage. Pretty sure that's more than stupid CBS showed of wondrous, heavenly Masters tournament.
A golfball wizard's

bkuehn1952
dogs: 0

Post by bkuehn1952 » Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:29 am

Okay, you have me intrigued. What were the 50th and 49th states added?
Let's Play 36
GHIN Handicap: 7.8 … 9.2 … Let’s just say I am around a 14!