Random thoughts

jasonfish11
dogs: 2

Re: Random thoughts

Post by jasonfish11 » Mon Apr 03, 2017 12:52 pm

legitimatebeef wrote:If Brett Favre wants people to pronounce his last name as "Farve"... why wouldn't he just spell it like "Farve"?
Who still says his name frequently enough for this to be an issue?
This is not burger king you can not have it your way.

legitimatebeef
dogs: 1

Post by legitimatebeef » Mon Apr 03, 2017 1:11 pm

They don't call em random thoughts for nothin.
no more polo shirts

legitimatebeef

Post by legitimatebeef » Thu Mar 29, 2018 4:41 pm

I have this nagging feeling that there are lifeforms on one of more of the moons of Saturn and Jupiter.
no more polo shirts

legitimatebeef

Post by legitimatebeef » Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:14 am

I am watching some C-SPAN or whatever the fuck it is and the Facebook kid is testifying in front of Congress. I see that he got himself a nice tidy haircut for the occasion.

WHAT A GODDAMN DORK. The guy is worth like 60 billion dollars, and still dweeby enough to care what the grown-ups think of his appearance. :facepalm

Then again, these Silicone Valley sick fucks are not making money for the normal reason, which is to ENJOY LIFE. :facepalm No, these entrepreneurs aren't sacrificing their normal lives and identities to make money. They are not about ENJOYING LIFE. They are doing what they do for power, influence and because they have some sort of cockamamie messiah complex. Like they are going "leave their mark on humanity" or some such lunatic shit. As far as pathologies go, I consider this kind of entrepreneurial megalomania to be about as fucked up as any other mental sickness. But it's economically productive, and people worship wealth, so these maniacs are foisted up as some sort of ideal for people to aspire to.
no more polo shirts

jasonfish11
dogs: 2

Post by jasonfish11 » Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:29 am

Serial killers and executives of large companies both have a higher rate of psychopathy.
This is not burger king you can not have it your way.

legitimatebeef

Post by legitimatebeef » Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:45 am

Exactly. We have rationalized the behavior as "innovation" or "entrepreneurial spirit" but really it's just another form of crazy. This one provides jobs though, so it has that going for it I guess.
no more polo shirts

legitimatebeef

Post by legitimatebeef » Thu May 10, 2018 10:19 am

legitimatebeef wrote:
Fri Sep 25, 2015 3:14 pm
I am about to throw down another proclamation. The greatest guitar soloist in rock is Brian May. Others might have conceived better riffs (Page) or lit the world on fire with their prowess (Hendrix) but nobody composed a solo like May. He is up there with like, Paganini or Brahms or some shit. Most other guitarists are aimless noodlers compared to May.
no more polo shirts