Truth Social, of course.
legitimatebeef

Re: the Tiger thread

Post by legitimatebeef »

Golf is back on the menu, boys.
bkuehn1952.2

Post by bkuehn1952.2 »

Even par and 16 of 20. In the old days, we could expect Tiger to start climbig the leaderboard and give a scare to the leaders. Sigh. Doesn't happen anymore.
DougE

Post by DougE »

bkuehn1952.2 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 5:44 am Even par and 16 of 20. In the old days, we could expect Tiger to start climbig the leaderboard and give a scare to the leaders. Sigh. Doesn't happen anymore.
Approaching his 50s, he still has the distance of most 20- and 30-somethings. More, in many cases. He just needs to play tournament golf more regularly to get all the rust off and his amazing touch around the greens back. His golf mind is still certainly sharp and his experience as an elite player far surpasses the majority of the best players in the world. I (want to) believe his skills will come back with a lot more time on the the top tier competition circuit. His body just needs to hold up enough to take it.
legitimatebeef

Post by legitimatebeef »

Still a fascinating freak even at this stage. The upper body build is slightly insane. Bigger than ever. Doesn't quite look natural. If it is then I am inspired, because I am similar in age, and I split my nutsack pumping iron like, every day. Maybe I could be bulging out of my shirts too, I am just not working hard enough?

Over the weekend I started to ponder whether this tournament exists mainly for Tiger to get his shit together. A low stakes but very high caliber competition. You could not really dream up a better situation for these Tiger comeback soft launches. I just wish it was still held in California, here in my home county. I woulda went!
legitimatebeef

Post by legitimatebeef »

Happy Tiger Day everyone. Only bringing this up because I saw this morning that the so-called golf channel is back to commemorating the occasion. I am old enough to remember the good old days, back before Tiger became scandalous. Back then they would celebrate the entire goddamn week, re-airing classic Tiger tournament victories. But then when the shit hit the fan, they stopped celebrating altogether. Sad. Now all that scandalous stuff is water under the bridge. And now Tiger is the only thing standing between the PGAT and oblivion. So they should bring back the Tiger week.
legitimatebeef

Post by legitimatebeef »

I am engrossed in the golf channel Tiger Day. 2019 Masters. 43yo pre-crash Tiger was pretty sensational, as rickety as he was back then. Swing was still pretty zippy. Watching now I am struck by how relaxed and happy he was that week. He even fist bumped fans, like thirty of em, after the third round. That is insane. At the time, as an overzealous fan I did not notice. I probably was kind of a wreck to be honest. The whole endeavor seemed to teeter on an existential knife edge. In retrospect it was a rather assured victory. Now I recall that there was some good hype leading up to the week. Tiger had a great win over a heavily favored Rory at the match play event. Even though he went home after the next round, I believe that small win was part of the whole story. Anyways crazy how we are currently onto another new phase of Tiger.
bkuehn1952.2

Post by bkuehn1952.2 »

I found a Bridgestone the other day. The customized ball had "Tiger" on the side. Could it have been ... :shock:

Actually kind of clever of someone to have his or her balls with a logo, "Tiger."
legitimatebeef

Post by legitimatebeef »

Wow, he probably looked for it for a long time before giving up.
legitimatebeef

Post by legitimatebeef »

Tightwad that he is