Tennis

legitimatebeef
dogs: 1

Re: Tennis

Post by legitimatebeef » Wed Sep 04, 2019 12:22 pm

bkuehn1952 wrote:
Wed Sep 04, 2019 10:32 am
"... but this is Grigor's moment, not my body's," Federer said.

I was hoping to see Feds win another U.S. Open. Still, his reaction shows why he is the classiest athlete of our time.
Nadal and the Serbian douche would have retired in this same situation, I am certain of it. But because Roger Federer is who he is, he gritted until the end of the match rather than deny his opponent the satisfaction of a complete victory. Integrity, motherfuckers. Anyways, let us not dwell on such negativity. Let us dwell on other negativity, like hoping and praying that Nadal don't get no 19th major.

I am still bitter and full of scorn over the Wimbledon disappointment, but it was extremely satisfying this week to watch Wawrinka hit Djokovic off the court, sending him home crying and fake-rubbing his shoulder.
Build a bridge and get over it.

legitimatebeef

Post by legitimatebeef » Fri Sep 06, 2019 10:08 am

Nadal's going to cruise to the title. There will be hardly time for butt picking. And Serena Williams is going to choke away another final. There's your 2019 US Open of Tennis. Or as Howard Stern liked to refer to it, the US Open Sores.

#fts

legitimatebeef

Post by legitimatebeef » Sat Sep 07, 2019 1:15 pm

Actually kind of looking forward to this year's Serena Williams New York City meltdown. It's comical at this point. Yes it's going to suck for her, but at the end she still go home to her gajillion dollar fortune and her 23 Grand Slam trophies. Boo hoo.

legitimatebeef

Post by legitimatebeef » Sat Sep 07, 2019 1:49 pm

sjduffers

Post by sjduffers » Sat Sep 07, 2019 9:02 pm

legitimatebeef wrote:
Fri Sep 06, 2019 10:08 am
Nadal's going to cruise to the title. There will be hardly time for butt picking. And Serena Williams is going to choke away another final. There's your 2019 US Open of Tennis. Or as Howard Stern liked to refer to it, the US Open Sores.

#fts
Well, at least half of that bold prediction came true! You should quit your day job and become a sports commentator or something: I am impressed, really. And not at all in a sarcastic way either. :clapping

Then again, I don't follow tennis at all these days, even though I played fairly decently in my early 20s. :facepalm
I'm gonna go low this time...

legitimatebeef

Post by legitimatebeef » Sun Sep 08, 2019 9:49 am

Actually choke was a bit harsh. She didn't meltdown this time, just got outplayed. I stand behind the Nadal prediction. He is in fine, wall-like form right now. He looks ready to return balls for hours. He is going return-bot his opponent to death. Not gonna watch. Long, boring ass rallies with a lot of semi erotic male grunting. Then there is the butt picking/finger sniffing. And OCD rituals. On paper Nadal is pretty awesome athlete. In live action though, quite insufferable. :fuckall