2023-24 Winter golf support group thread

MattF

Re: 2023-24 Winter golf support group thread

Post by MattF »

Still just sim golf around here. I played The Sanctuary on Sunday, shot an 88, so real life 100.
legitimatebeef

Post by legitimatebeef »

I wish we had some of that sim shit around here. I have not seen one in anywhere in this whole county. My local range gets swampy from anything more than an inch of rain. So I miss a good number of days throughout the wet season. Suppose I should use this time off to work on my backyard simulator studio concept. A huge, multi-use project that is some years away realistically. Gonna be a golf simulator/home theater/gym/arcade.
MattF

Post by MattF »

I thought you had a Rapsado or Mevo or something?

I have an ST+ that set up in the garage. I just get a heater going and it's quite comfortable but I get a bit carried away sometimes and swing too much.
legitimatebeef

Post by legitimatebeef »

I have a Garmin R10. Embarrassed to say but it is over a year old and I still really haven't gotten into it. One of these days.
MattF

Post by MattF »

Having access to a range so you can see actual ball flights is a better option.
bkuehn1952.2

Post by bkuehn1952.2 »

When the weather is not cooperating, one needs to have a project to fill the time.

Frosty_2024.jpg
Frosty_2024.jpg (1.12 MiB) Viewed 2612 times
MattF

Post by MattF »

bkuehn1952.2 wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 8:21 am When the weather is not cooperating, one needs to have a project to fill the time.

Frosty_2024.jpg
:lol:
legitimatebeef

Post by legitimatebeef »

I like the arms raised in triumph, it's very positive. I would have posed them downward.

Today I go whack balls but with a heavy heart. We are on the verge of some heavy sustained rainfall and I expect to be out of commission for about a week starting tomorrow. Been working feverishly, and working through issues with some success, so the last thing I need right now is a hiatus. Fills me with dread and anxiety. On the plus side won't have to worry about wildfires for a little while.
DougE

Post by DougE »

Hey Beef, you above water? Been thinking of you out in Ojai, not very far from many of the news reports of major flooding. Hope you are safe.
legitimatebeef

Post by legitimatebeef »

Hey Dougie. Prior to the storm they thought we would get the worst of it, here on a south-facing mountainside. But it moved south and parked over Los Angeles and did damage there instead. We got 7" over the past five days, which is enough to close down the driving range for a while but an otherwise tolerable amount out here in the country. A few people in NoCal got killed by falling trees, which was/is my worst fear. My next door neighbor has a few massive conifers that tower over our house. I was home alone last year and watched in horror as three huge trees across the street (and a medium one in our own yard) fell over during a tropical storm. So I get perturbed whenever the ground is wet and the wind blows.