the Tiger thread

DougE

Re: the Tiger thread

Post by DougE »

bkuehn1952.2 wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 1:21 pm I found a Bridgestone the other day. The customized ball had "Tiger" on the side. Could it have been ... :shock:
Hate to burst your bubble, but Bridgestone made a "TIGER" version of the BXS. We don't sell them, but they were still available last year, I think. You can likely find them online using the keyword search "Bridgestone BXS Tiger Woods Edition."

Only reason I am so familiar is because I found one myself a few years back and got all excited, until I found out you could buy them off the shelf, by the dozen, with TIGER imprinted on each. So, if it's any consolation to you BK, I already I got MY bubble burst.
bkuehn1952.2

Post by bkuehn1952.2 »

Tiger's in the field!! Tiger's in the field!! ...
CRASH!

Very disappointing. If Tiger can't manage playing tournament golf, he needs to retire and stop this nonsense.
GBOGEY

Post by GBOGEY »

bkuehn1952.2 wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 6:09 am Very disappointing. If Tiger can't manage playing tournament golf, he needs to retire and stop this nonsense.
Totally agree. It was so exciting to see him play quality golf for a day thinking with more practice he could be competitive, then he's out again. It the body isn't willing, time to quit.
legitimatebeef

Post by legitimatebeef »

Buckle up for the rough ride is what I say. We may not like it, we may hate it, but the guy has earned his place and now gets to finish out his career on his own terms. I was just the other day reading about Muhammad Ali and the sad end to his sports career. But hey at least golf is a sport where people don't get VIOLENTLY PUNCHED IN THE HEAD. Seriously though, while he may or may not be fit enough right now to complete a pro tournament, he still has the game to get around the hardest courses in the world. This is surely a dilemma for him. He I am guessing does not yet feel like the pro game is passing him by. Especially in today's fractured universe. He probably looks out and sees today's tour much like he saw it as a ferocious 21 year old, like just another group of Tom Kites and Mark Calcavecchias and Jeff Maggerts to be put in their place. You would do the same thing, still try to compete. I would. Anyways tournaments with 1-2 days of a hobbling or barfing or shitting or whatever Tiger are still better than those without. And please no blubbering over that poor earnest more deserving golfer who gets bumped from the tournament. Quite frankly that argument has always sucked.