What did you shoot today?

GBOGEY

Re: What did you shoot today?

Post by GBOGEY »

MattF wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 4:27 am
I don't know what your handicap is but I'd take those scores for myself.
I'm currently a 6 so these scores aren't helping much. Really playing closer to an 8 - I was the most consistent golfer I knew. Not anymore.
GBOGEY

Post by GBOGEY »

81 on Saturday on one of our courses and 81 on Sunday on the other. Both days had some really good stuff, and some abnormally bad to give away 3-4 shots. Concentration just isn't there like it used to be. At least my mediocre rounds are starting to be 81's instead of 84's.
bkuehn1952.2

Post by bkuehn1952.2 »

Slogged around a little local course that was not too busy. 81 (par 70). Some good shots and some awful ones. Greens were incredibly slow and they were visibly "fuzzy." Still, it was a nice stroll in sunny 55 degree weather.
GBOGEY

Post by GBOGEY »

One of those days trying to decide if the glass was half full or half empty. Rained hard last night so I played up a tee. Three penalty strokes - ugly, and three irons which were too well struck - went long when I didn't I enough club to reach the hole - still hit my target score of 80. So was a good round because I shot 80 with three penalties or bad round because I had three penalties?

On the other side, career eagle #14 today on the par 5 #11. Two really nice shots and then a perfect wedge from 67 yards - had to have landed with two yards of the hole before trickling in.
MattF

Post by MattF »

GBOGEY wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 6:07 pm One of those days trying to decide if the glass was half full or half empty. Rained hard last night so I played up a tee. Three penalty strokes - ugly, and three irons which were too well struck - went long when I didn't I enough club to reach the hole - still hit my target score of 80. So was a good round because I shot 80 with three penalties or bad round because I had three penalties?

On the other side, career eagle #14 today on the par 5 #11. Two really nice shots and then a perfect wedge from 67 yards - had to have landed with two yards of the hole before trickling in.
Nice. Great round with 3 penalties.
bkuehn1952.2

Post by bkuehn1952.2 »

GBOGEY wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 6:07 pm ... the glass was half full...
Nice eagle. Almost any round that includes an eagle is a good one. I would consider the round a good one and then think about how good it could have been. If only ... ;)
GBOGEY

Post by GBOGEY »

Another half full / half empty. 78 from same tees - if you had told me 78 pre-round I would have been thrilled. Instead, mixed emotions as I was +1 for 11 holes. Absolutely great golf for first 11 - only two bogeys were an mis club and a 9i that went further than expected on an absolutely solid hit. Last seven holes +5 / different story - bad drives, missed greens, the three greens that I hit were 40+ feet for birdie. I think I’m swinging too fast under pressure.
MattF

Post by MattF »

A bit of a disaster yesterday with a 97 and a lot to take out of it.

I have to adjust for having a fairly repeatable draw and trust it. I did myself no favours by not lining up as I should now which cost me a lot of strokes both off the tee and the fairway.

No golf on the course until April now as the weather next week will be atrocious and I'm heading back home for a couple of weeks after that.
bkuehn1952.2

Post by bkuehn1952.2 »

MattF wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 2:49 am I'm heading back home for a couple of weeks after that.
Bon voyage, mon ami.
MattF

Post by MattF »

bkuehn1952.2 wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 6:20 am
MattF wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 2:49 am I'm heading back home for a couple of weeks after that.
Bon voyage, mon ami.
Thank you mate.