Practice Golf at Home thread

legitimatebeef

Practice Golf at Home thread

Post by legitimatebeef »

Here is a confession. Increasingly, I am spending time practicing at home, chipping off a turf mat, aiming at a crappy 5 gal bucket. The other day I loaded up the wheelbarrow with mulch and started shooting pitches into that. Then last week I decided to take things to a more proper level, so I ordered a set of three "chipping nets" from thegolfwarehouse.com. And a shag bag, which will be way more efficient than scooping up balls with a wedge and shoving them in my pocket.

MattF

Re: Practice Golf at Home thread

Post by MattF »

Uh oh, this will snowball and you'll eventually have a sim.

Speaking of which, I'm off work Tuesday and could have played 18 first thing in the morning, but I'm staying home and using the ST+ instead.
legitimatebeef

Post by legitimatebeef »

MattF wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 2:54 am Uh oh, this will snowball and you'll eventually have a sim.

Speaking of which, I'm off work Tuesday and could have played 18 first thing in the morning, but I'm staying home and using the ST+ instead.
It begins.
bkuehn1952.2

Post by bkuehn1952.2 »

I have a shag bag like the one shown in the photo that is around 30 years old. It gets used early in the season when I practice at a local park (a couple of ball fields in the summer). I almost never see anyone using one of these.
MattF

Post by MattF »

Hit over 200 drives and over 300 total shots yesterday on the ST+. :shock:
bkuehn1952.2

Post by bkuehn1952.2 »

MattF wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2023 9:16 am Hit over 200 drives and over 300 total shots yesterday on the ST+. :shock:
:shock: :shock:
legitimatebeef

Post by legitimatebeef »

bkuehn1952.2 wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2023 8:05 am I have a shag bag like the one shown in the photo that is around 30 years old. It gets used early in the season when I practice at a local park (a couple of ball fields in the summer). I almost never see anyone using one of these.
From what I seen, only old guys use these things. And now, I have arrived.

(That said, yesterday I met a homeowner from up the street, and he asked me if I was the son of the people who bought our house. :P)
MattF

Post by MattF »

legitimatebeef wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2023 11:40 am
bkuehn1952.2 wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2023 8:05 am I have a shag bag like the one shown in the photo that is around 30 years old. It gets used early in the season when I practice at a local park (a couple of ball fields in the summer). I almost never see anyone using one of these.
From what I seen, only old guys use these things. And now, I have arrived.

(That said, yesterday I met a homeowner from up the street, and he asked me if I was the son of the people who bought our house. :P)
bkuehn1952.2 wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2023 10:19 am
:lol:
MattF wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2023 9:16 am Hit over 200 drives and over 300 total shots yesterday on the ST+. :shock:
:shock: :shock:
Strong like bull...just kidding, I was trying to find a swing I liked and pretty much compared them all.
legitimatebeef

Post by legitimatebeef »

Got my shag bag and set of three chipping nets. And now the space is starting to resemble a miniature range. Which to be honest kind of spoils the organic beauty of the yard. But then again they are very portable targets. Easily move or fold up when I get tired of looking at em.

I set them up at 9, 11, 14 yards. They are good targets, they'll take balls on the fly, or you can bounce em in. Which would be good if other people or kids come over and want to have a chip. For myself, I still like the dirty old bucket, tilted up against a rock. More challenging and the loud rattle when you hit it is a nice feedback. In either case I am getting in a bunch of practice out there. When you can sprinkle in a few chips throughout your day, they really add up.
MattF

Post by MattF »

Two sessions on the ST+ yesterday.

First one was about 8am for 2 hours, 220 shots hit.

Second one was about midday for 1 hour, 189 shots hit.

:o