What did you buy today?

MattF

What did you buy today?

Post by MattF »

This is for your purchases, doesn't have to be golf related. If you bought something that you want to tell us about, go right ahead.
MattF

Re: What did you buy today?

Post by MattF »

Yesterday I went for a driver fitting. I expected to come away with a new driver and I did. I was a bit surprised by what it was but if it's as good on the course as it was in the fitting, I'll be very very happy.

We put my gamer, Titleist TSr2 11° up against TM QI10, Callaway AI Smoke Max and AI Smoke Triple Diamond, Titleist TSr2 9°, Mizuno ST-G and the Cobra Darkspeed X.

The TM was eliminated quickly because it just wasn't good for me. The AI Smoke Max was tossed because dispersion was not good for me and the sound was terrible. The Triple Diamond was good but not as good as the TSr2 9°, ST-G and Darkspeed X.

It came down to those 3 and the Darpseed X with a UST LIN-Q M40X Blue 7 stiff was a cannon with better dispersion than the other two.

So order placed and with some trade-ins I spent $210 including the fitting fee.

I should get it in the next couple of weeks.

I also just ordered a couple of new Lamkin ST+ Hybrid grips and a new Callaway Fairway 14 stand back in what they call Athletic Green and Yellow, but I call Australian green and golf.

bkuehn1952.2

Post by bkuehn1952.2 »

Nice looking golf bag.

Go Ducks!!

We will need a full report on the driver, once you have it in play.
CeeBee

Post by CeeBee »

Indeed.
MattF

Post by MattF »

bkuehn1952.2 wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 1:57 pm Nice looking golf bag.

Go Ducks!!

We will need a full report on the driver, once you have it in play.
CeeBee wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 5:51 amIndeed.
Will do. If what I saw at the fitting was any indication, it's going to be an advantage.
MattF

Post by MattF »

Bag came in, I like it.
PXL_20240407_125132523.PORTRAIT.jpg
PXL_20240407_125132523.PORTRAIT.jpg (460.39 KiB) Viewed 122 times
bkuehn1952.2

Post by bkuehn1952.2 »

Where is the Oregon Ducks logo??

It is a nice looking bag but where is the driver (or 1 Wood, as @legitimatebeef would say)?
MattF

Post by MattF »

That's Australian green and gold my friend. No idea who the Oregon Ducks are.

The driver is waiting for me to pick it up from the shop. It only took a week to come in from Cobra but the shop is about 30 minutes away and I have to wait until Saturday to get it.
GBOGEY

Post by GBOGEY »

Very Bold Coloring - I like it!
GBOGEY

Post by GBOGEY »

Interesting circumstance today - I get my clubs regrouped once a year, usually around now. Probably could use a second gripping but by that time it's almost winter and I take golf less seriously. At the same time, I also change out my two wedges every year - I bought them on when titleist switched model years in February and then put in play in May. I usually see some performance improvement, but not a ton.

Anyway, I had my regripping done last week and so I decided to put the new wedges to work early. Just went to the range for a little practice - the difference in wedge spin is dramatic. I don't know if I overused the old ones - shouldn't be the case - but my short game has been suffering and I thought it had to do with course conditions as it takes awhile for the Bermuda to become solid, but now I think it might have been the wedges. I'm sure @DougE will scold me for not changing wedges more often. Maybe it's something I have to think about.