What did you buy today?

MattF

Re: What did you buy today?

Post by MattF »

GBOGEY wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 8:52 am Very Bold Coloring - I like it!
Thank you. The reason I got the bag was because of the colours.
MattF

Post by MattF »

Got the driver yesterday and the shop ordered the wrong shaft, so it's too low spin. I struggle to get the spin over 1800 and launch over 12° which is not good.

I spoke to them yesterday after my sim workout and they're ordering the correct shaft and we'll just swap it when it comes in.
DougE

Post by DougE »

GBOGEY wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 8:57 am ... I'm sure @DougE will scold me for not changing wedges more often. Maybe it's something I have to think about.
If you are playing 100 rounds or more with practice in between, you will see a dramatic difference in wedge spin over the period. Yet, from day to day, it's imperceptible. I try to refresh my sand and lob wedges every year. Unless you use your gap wedge the same way you use the sand and lob, imo, you can get away with replacing it every couple seasons.

Fresh wedges are so satisfying to me and such a pleasure to use. Even better than fresh grips, which for me, is a close second. I used to change my wedge and driver grips three times a year, or more, before I had this job, which, along with a series of various injuries, cut my play/practice days down by over two thirds in 2022, and in 2023 to about 5 or 6 percent of my regular play/practice schedule. Physically, I'm doing much better at the moment, so hopefully this year, I'll have a need to change grips at least a couple times. It's just that damn work thing that gets in my way now.

I am about to order a custom pair of Vokey SM10s (54.12D and 60.08M) from Titleist, so I'll have new grooves AND new grips in a few weeks. Now, if I could only hit them as well as I once did, maybe I can break 80 for the first time in a year. Yet surely, if that happens, it won't be at my work course (The Club at P.B. Dye). That place is way too tough for this old man, especially considering how little I've been playing these days. I'm really hopeful I can play more this year, though.
bkuehn1952.2

Post by bkuehn1952.2 »

DougE wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 7:21 am .. I'm really hopeful I can play more this year, though.
So are we all.