Remember the Wedge Guy from Oob?

DougE
dogs: 1

Remember the Wedge Guy from Oob?

Post by DougE » Tue Mar 19, 2019 11:41 am

Never really got along with him, myself. His message was always to sell his wedges. If you haven't seen this yet, evidently, he has signed on with WRX according to their site:

A welcome to the Wedge Guy!

We're pleased to have Terry Koehler joining GolfWRX as a Featured Writer. If you're unfamiliar with the 40-year golf equipment industry veteran, check out this release.

"GolfWRX has announced that industry veteran Terry Koehler will resume his weekly blog as "The Wedge Guy", beginning Tuesday, March 19, 2019 as an exclusive feature of GolfWRX. The column can be found at www.GolfWRX.com/TheWedgeGuy. In his regular weekly column Koehler will share insights, observations and opinions gleaned from a 40-year career in the golf industry. Koehler introduced his bi-weekly blog columns at TheWedgeGuy.com in 2003 and wrote until 2010, having to pause when his life's pace was accelerated by the creation of SCOR Golf and then the resurrection of Ben Hogan Golf Equipment Company."

You can keep him, WRX.

(BTW, as far as I know, he was forced out of BH Golf, though he was able to resign. Wonder what he'll be selling in his articles now.)

jasonfish11
dogs: 2

Re: Remember the Wedge Guy from Oob?

Post by jasonfish11 » Tue Mar 19, 2019 12:45 pm

I don't like my SCOR wedge. It's probably my least favorite club in my bag, I just don't use it enough to justify dropping $120 on a new wedge right now.
Keep it short stupid.

GBOGEY

Post by GBOGEY » Tue Mar 19, 2019 1:12 pm

I always liked his columns. Maybe it was because I was a new golfer and his stuff was good learning for me. Yes, there was a sales pitch to him, but I would expect that from anyone and I was felt he was more right than wrong.

Duke of Hazards

Post by Duke of Hazards » Tue Mar 19, 2019 5:39 pm

I tend to agree w/ Doug. I thought his articles were a bit pushy, like we should be bagging 5 wedges if we knew what was good for us.

BTW, wasn't it originally Eidolon? Then SCOR? Then Ben Hogan? Guy's like the village bicycle.

I miss some of the Oobers, though, like that one guy (plastic surgeon?) that had the Bill Murray photo for his profile pic and cracked wise about some dude's tramp stamp and commented that pimento cheese sandwiches look like the adipose tissue he sucked out of fat ladies.
Bluto did it

DougE

Post by DougE » Tue Mar 19, 2019 7:19 pm

Duke of Hazards wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 5:39 pm
I miss some of the Oobers, though, like that one guy (plastic surgeon?) that had the Bill Murray photo for his profile pic and cracked wise about some dude's tramp stamp and commented that pimento cheese sandwiches look like the adipose tissue he sucked out of fat ladies.
I can't believe I don't remember him!

legitimatebeef

Post by legitimatebeef » Tue Mar 19, 2019 11:42 pm

The Wedge Guy was a douche back in the oob days but he's probably mellowed out now that he got married to the woman of his dreams. :puke
Build a bridge and get over it.

bkuehn1952
dogs: 0

Post by bkuehn1952 » Wed Mar 20, 2019 7:21 am

I do not recall the surgeon, either. I do recall thinking that TWG talked a better game than he played. I would periodically check his GHIN index. He did not post a lot of scores at his TX club and they were mainly from the "White" tees. He no longer as an index in TX so either he moved or gave up the game.

And yes, I recall him dumping his first wife for a younger, more exciting partner. :puke :puke
Let's Play 36
GHIN Handicap: 7.8 … 9.2 … Let’s just say I am around a 14!

MattF

Post by MattF » Thu Mar 21, 2019 7:30 am

Duke of Hazards wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 5:39 pm
BTW, wasn't it originally Eidolon? Then SCOR? Then Ben Hogan? Guy's like the village bicycle.
Yes, but in his defense, Eidolon and SCOR were his companies. His downfall, business wise, was trying to make Hogan too big too fast. Now that he's no longer in the picture I think Hogan is on the right track.
Throw me another ball will ya!

DougE

Post by DougE » Sat May 04, 2019 10:18 am

From the looks of the comments section beneath his WRX columns, it appears Terry is being received about as well as he was back on Oob. Poor guy. From being pushed out as the CEO of Ben Hogan Golf, to writing articles on a site where everyone thinks they are one tick short of a Touring Pro, he's going down fast.

He may actually be a nice guy in real life, but for some reason, his writings suggest otherwise. Some people just have a knack for pissing others off even when they don't try to do so. I think it's usually people who come across as authoritarian with nothing obvious to back it up. Like Trump, or Rory Sabbitini, or, I suppose even me at times! (Did I just hear one of you ask "At TIMES?" or was that my imagination. :fk )

CeeBee

Post by CeeBee » Sat May 04, 2019 6:01 pm

No imagination Doug. LOL. Had to somehow get another dig on my man Trump in didn’t ya.

Remember PLAYER?
Tee it up!