The Grint Handicap

bkuehn1952
dogs: 0

The Grint Handicap

Post by bkuehn1952 » Tue Mar 19, 2019 1:31 pm

I was wondering if having a "Grint" handicap was going to be an issue for me. I have a GHIN-based handicap and have for many years. The Grint also currently has a USGA compliant handicap although you won't see any entry in GHIN. I say "currently" because they will likely get squeezed out by the USGA starting in 2020 with the new handicap system.

I was messing around with The Grint and realized that someone might look up my index in The Grint (at the time, around 6.3) and compare it to my USGA/GHIN index (8.8). I quickly made sure the two indices were the same (or at least similar since The Grint has a few errors in their course ratings and slope numbers). I really do not want to post in two places (GHIN and Grint). As long as I can keep my GHIN index under 8.9, I should be good to go if someone checks The Grint. ;)
Let's Play 36
GHIN Handicap: 7.8 … 9.2 … Let’s just say I am around a 14!

DougE
dogs: 1

Re: The Grint Handicap

Post by DougE » Tue Mar 19, 2019 2:12 pm

I enter officially in my MSGA account. But I only enter real scores---and only scores---there. I am using Grint primarily for keeping track of stats and whatnot. I enter solo rounds in Grint, but not on my MSGA site. I enter out of season rounds and rounds that I feel are not post-able for MSGA, on the Grint. Such as rounds where I drop extra balls, but only keep track of one main ball. I want a realistic handle on my stats, so will post scores for one ball even though I may have dropped extras throughout the round. For me, the Grint is just a way to keep specs and close tabs on others I know from here on this site, as well as some other friends who also use it. I really wish I could post detailed comments in the Grint though. If it weren't for the fact that so many here are on the Grint, I would have stayed on SG360. I liked reviewing my comments on each round, later on. I think it was helpful to have the ability to go back to any round at any time to see what worked or didn't that day. Or simply to reminisce about various rounds. I made a habit of that in the winter. I miss that. The little tweet-sized notes option on the Grint is nearly useless. I spoke with management there and they indicated that they may be adding a better area for adding comments. Hope so.

Duke of Hazards

Re: The Grint Handicap

Post by Duke of Hazards » Tue Mar 19, 2019 5:23 pm

I post in both places. Like you said, the Grints' slope/rating is off here and there, but my 2 indices don't differ by more than one or two tenths of a point.
Bluto did it