Incomplete Rounds

GBOGEY

Incomplete Rounds

Post by GBOGEY » Sun Jun 23, 2019 7:19 pm

For those of you keeping an active handicap, do you post incomplete rounds per the USGA guidelines. I've done it in the past but usually I played 16 or 17 holes. Today I played 14 holes before a storm cancelled the round. Per the guidelines I should post it but somehow it doesn't feel complete enough.

jasonfish11
dogs: 2

Re: Incomplete Rounds

Post by jasonfish11 » Sun Jun 23, 2019 7:30 pm

When I did keep a handicap I posted a bunch of 9 hole rounds. You could just post the front 9?
Keep it short stupid.

DougE
dogs: 1

Post by DougE » Sun Jun 23, 2019 9:19 pm

I do.Most of the time.

I hate using ESC scoring though, because on my course, the last 3 holes are the 6, 4 and 8 handicap holes respectively. I usually feel if I am playing well I can actually par all three, but if I quit after, say, 14, I have to take two pars and two bogeys. I feel cheated. But, when I can't finish, I will post the score and accept the ESC scoring for the remaining holes.

GBOGEY

Post by GBOGEY » Sun Jun 23, 2019 9:41 pm

jasonfish11 wrote:
Sun Jun 23, 2019 7:30 pm
When I did keep a handicap I posted a bunch of 9 hole rounds. You could just post the front 9?
I never post 9 hole scores even when I am supposed to. Most of the time when I go for 9 I expect to be solo for at least part of the round. More often than not I team up for at least a few holes, but the main issue is that when I go for 9 I see it as a practice opportunity, not really in the competitive mindset.
DougE wrote:
Sun Jun 23, 2019 9:19 pm
I hate using ESC scoring though, because on my course, the last 3 holes are the 6, 4 and 8 handicap holes respectively. I usually feel if I am playing well I can actually par all three, but if I quit after, say, 14, I have to take two pars and two bogeys. I feel cheated. But, when I can't finish, I will post the score and accept the ESC scoring for the remaining holes.
I hate it too but on the current course I feel the opposite. The 17th hole is like the 12th index but harder for me. I feel guilty taking a par there.