GolfinAsia 2019

legitimatebeef
dogs: 1

GolfinAsia 2019

Post by legitimatebeef » Wed Oct 23, 2019 2:16 pm

I have not been this excited for late night tv sports since like, the World Wrestling Federation's "Saturday Night Main Event" back in the 1980s or some shit.

Readers of this site know that I have long celebrated the playing of professional golf events in the Far East, since it means a bunch of live, late night entertainment for American viewers. The weeknight is the ideal time to veg out in front of the television set if you ask me. At that time, what else in the world is there to do? Unfortunately though most of the programming sucks at that hour. Not this week.

At this point you are probably thinking, Whatever, there goes the beefster, spazzing out on LPGA again.

But no. This new thread topic was created because a) the golf on tv forum needs some fresh content and 2) what's happening right now in Asia is bringing together not one, not two but THREE of the top topics here: LPGA, PGA Tour, and now... 5-time Masters Champion Greatest PGA TOUR Champion of All-Time Tiger Woods. :thrust

For the first time in history, the greatest show (of men's professional golf) on earth comes to the land of the rising sun. The PGA TOUR, Live at Budokan! Have no idea about the particulars except that Greatest PGA TOUR Champion of All-Time Tiger will be attempting to win his 82nd to tie Snead for this little thing called the ALL-TIME WINS RECORD. Interestingly Greatest PGA TOUR Champion of All-Time Tiger just revealed that his knee hurt for most of this past year, but is feeling better now after surgery. I have long believed that a healthy Woods has the guile to eke out a win anywhere, just on account of being very good at golf, and in spite of age or decrepitude or whatever. Shit, I think I have just talked myself into believing that Greatest PGA TOUR Champion of All-Time Tiger can win this week. I guess I'll just have to put on a pot of coffee tonight (and tomorrow, and Friday, and Saturday night, tune in, and see what unfolds.

Now for the really important stuff. The LPGA lands in the modern-day spiritual home of golf. The LPGA previously played at Incheon, near Seoul, now they are down south in the coastal city of Busan. From what I seen on TV, I think the ladies will enjoy the food, shopping, and beach vibes here.

Believe it or not, you can "simulcast" both these events into your home at the same time provided you have a subscription to the so-called golf channel as well as an additional streaming device. The action begins tonight at 11 ET. Never been a greater time to fall asleep on the barcalounger.
Build a bridge and get over it.

legitimatebeef

Re: GolfinAsia 2019

Post by legitimatebeef » Thu Oct 24, 2019 12:53 am

Told you. :nope

bkuehn1952
dogs: 0

Post by bkuehn1952 » Thu Oct 24, 2019 5:42 pm

With the travel, I can barely stay awake until 9:00pm. No way am I staying awake to watch Asian golf. And I don't record stuff as I never have time to watch recorded material.
Let's Play 36
GHIN Handicap: 7.8 … 9.2 … Let’s just say I am around a 14!

legitimatebeef

Post by legitimatebeef » Thu Oct 24, 2019 6:58 pm

Ok so BK has a valid excuse. What about the rest of you? I want to know, what is so important on the TV that you can't be bothered to tune in to watch one of the all-time greats. Ted Koppel? McNeil Lehrer News Report? Give that cranky old man shit a rest, for a night or two, IMO.

DougE

Post by DougE » Thu Oct 24, 2019 8:05 pm

I'm planning to watch tonight for awhile....until I fall asleep on the couch. Keep it up, Greatest PGA TOUR Champion of All-Time Tiger!

DougE

Post by DougE » Thu Oct 24, 2019 10:41 pm

Damn! Rained out. 36 holes tomorrow will not be a good thing for a 43 year-old (almost 44), pieced-together Greatest PGA TOUR Champion of All-Time Tiger.

sjduffers

Post by sjduffers » Thu Oct 24, 2019 11:22 pm

I record pretty much all the PGA Tour action on my DVR and then watch some later or none, depending. As a matter of fact, I am watching yesterday’s first round right now: what a putting show by Greatest PGA TOUR Champion of All-Time Tiger! Damn.
I'm gonna go low this time...

jasonfish11
dogs: 2

Post by jasonfish11 » Fri Oct 25, 2019 7:59 am

I have been studying most nights (working on getting my Lean Six Sigma Black Belt). So I don't watch much TV anymore.
Keep it short stupid.

jasonfish11
dogs: 2

Post by jasonfish11 » Sat Oct 26, 2019 12:55 pm

Well the Greatest PGA TOUR Champion of All-Time Tiger effect must be in full swing. I'm going to play a round of golf today. :oh
Keep it short stupid.

DougE

Post by DougE » Sun Oct 27, 2019 9:24 am

Fell asleep before they started the first half of the final round late last night. Greatest PGA TOUR Champion of All-Time Tiger was 3 ahead. Woke up this morning and he is still 3 ahead after 11 holes. The remaining 7 holes start on Golf Channel at 5:30pm EST. I'll be waiting on pins and needles all day.

legitimatebeef

Post by legitimatebeef » Sun Oct 27, 2019 10:37 am

Same here Doug. Agonizing wait but on the plus side, we get to enjoy a Sunday night primetime mini final round. A rare treat, and if it also turns out to be the occasion of #82, then this Zoso Championship will probably go down as one of the greatest tv golf events of all time.

By the way right now the Maestro Roger Federer is up two breaks in the first set of the final in his hometown tournament. :thrust

legitimatebeef

Post by legitimatebeef » Sun Oct 27, 2019 5:42 pm

Long before #yanggang there were the #janggang and #kanggang: enthusiastic fans of professional women golfers Ha Na Jang of Korea and Danielle Kang of USA. Not making this shit up by the way, it's factual, go look it up. Well today those two ladies dueled it out in Busan, Korea in spectacular fashion. In fact I am calling it the best LPGA tournament of the year. Now I am pacing around the living room waiting for the PGA Tour event to start. This could be one of the great Sundays in professional golf. Just goes to show, even if golf were to suddenly disappear in the USA, it would go on just fine elsewhere.

legitimatebeef

Post by legitimatebeef » Sun Oct 27, 2019 9:05 pm

Best Golfinasia of our lifetimes, most likely. :fuckall

legitimatebeef

Post by legitimatebeef » Thu Nov 07, 2019 2:15 pm

Well Greatest PGA TOUR Champion of All-Time Tiger and all them might've left Asia but the greatest show (of women's pro golf) on earth has one more tour stop before coming home. You guys don't have a problem with women right? I hope not.

Coverage of the "Toto Japan Classic" starts tonight 8 ET on the so-called golf channel. That's right, the toilet company.

DougE

Post by DougE » Thu Nov 07, 2019 5:15 pm

legitimatebeef wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 2:15 pm
\ You guys don't have a problem with women right?
I LOVE to watch LPGA golf. I enjoy watching the ladies as much, if not more than the PGA Tour, except maybe when Greatest PGA TOUR Champion of All-Time Tiger is playing.