A Week in Our COVID Life (Yes, more than you want to know)

bkuehn1952
dogs: 0

A Week in Our COVID Life (Yes, more than you want to know)

Post by bkuehn1952 » Wed May 27, 2020 4:49 pm

I tend to get up around 6:30am plus or minus 30 minutes. Read the news, make coffee, eat breakfast.

I work from home two days a week (Monday and Wednesday 8:30am to 5:00pm). That pretty much fills the day after my morning activities. If the weather is shitty and there is work to do, I might put in a few hours of work on one of the other weekdays.

Tuesday a group of four has been playing golf in the area. Tee time is around 10:00am. Mid-afternoon when I get home we may eat a late lunch, sit on the front porch with a drink (or two or three).

Thursday I usually play early, often snagging the first or second tee time of the day. I play with a buddy (or two). Thursday afternoon has been my weekly grocery shopping trip. I try to get everything that we may need for the next 7 days. Where I formerly might stop at the grocery 3-4 times a week, I limit myself to once a week now, masked up with glasses on and sanitizer bottle in my pocket.

Friday I also try to get an early tee time and typically go solo (or my buddies play with me Friday and I solo Thursday). if the weekend weather looks wet, I might cut the grass in the afternoon or do other outside chores (like slowly splitting up the logs from a couple of trees we had cut down in the winter).

Weekends I have not been playing golf. First, because too many people are filling the courses. Second, most of my buddies don't want to play on the weekend. So my wife and I ride our bikes or we walk in semi-deserted areas. We do a bit of yard work. Nap. Read. Nap. My hope is the golf crowd will thin out a bit and allow me to go out mid-afternoon once a weekend. Time will tell.

Dinner time is anywhere from 6:00 to 8:00. I probably cook 4 days a week and Josie 3 days. I cook whenever we have fish or beef. Josie does most of the chicken and pasta. We agreed that my recent "Shrimp Fajitas" were the dining highlight of the month. We watch TV (typically streaming) for a couple hours. Lately we have been watching the PBS series "Jamestown." Up to the bedroom at 10pm.

I really miss being able to hang out with our extended family and friends. I miss going to events (like the cancelled Ann Arbor Summer Fest). I miss planning and taking travel vacations to Europe and Texas. I miss going out to dinner or lunch or breakfast occasionally. Having a routine is nice but a routine repeated every week becomes a rut.

p.s. I knocked off work early today!!
Let's Play 36
GHIN Handicap: 7.8 … 9.2 … Let’s just say I am around a 14!

Duke of Hazards

Re: A Week in Our COVID Life (Yes, more than you want to know)

Post by Duke of Hazards » Wed May 27, 2020 6:19 pm

Man, you do love you some historical drama, don't you Brian?

Thanks for sharing. Mine's kinda similar, except more work, less golf. I've actually been working out more (but also drinking more beer). I will be doing some camping this weekend, our first real 'outing'. Excited for that, even if there are social distancing factors.
Bluto did it