Stories of Golf Happiness

GBOGEY

Stories of Golf Happiness

Post by GBOGEY »

I decided to rename / broaden your best shot thread. I know the admins may overrule.

Today on #3, par 5 listed at 486, I hit two 5W's to about 25 yards short of the green and 30 yards from the flag. I must have really cut the corner because there is no way that I hit two 5W's that far distance wise. Anyway, chipped / pitched shot #3 into the hole for career eagle #13.
bkuehn1952.2

Re: Stories of Golf Happiness

Post by bkuehn1952.2 »

GBOGEY wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2023 5:29 pm I decided to rename / broaden your best shot thread. I know the admins may overrule.

Today on #3, par 5 listed at 486, I hit two 5W's to about 25 yards short of the green and 30 yards from the flag. I must have really cut the corner because there is no way that I hit two 5W's that far distance wise. Anyway, chipped / pitched shot #3 into the hole for career eagle #13.
👍🏼👍🏼👍🏼
GBOGEY

Post by GBOGEY »

One of those did this really happen stories. I was supposed to play business golf today but it got cancelled, which ticked me off. Do I was determined to play 9 after work. However, looking at the tee sheet I could tell that 9 was about all the traffic would allow. Do I decided to play two balls. Normally in this situation I’ll play white ball versus yellow ball and try to stimulate competition, but today I decided to do a two ball scramble. I did this for two reasons. 1: years ago I read an article about how playing a two ball scramble helps you see your potential; 2: my confidence is fragile from my slump so I figured I couldn’t play bad enough in a scramble to frustrate me.

The results: 5 birdies, 4 pars. Made everything AND had a chip in. Birdie #5 on the 8th hole was 55-60 feet. Par #4 on the 9th hole had the birdie putt graze the hole from 55-60 feet. Crazy. Never seen that kind of score in a 4 man scramble.
GBOGEY

Post by GBOGEY »

So at one point today as I was struggling, I hit a 7i to the very front edge of the green. Problem was the flag was at the very back of the green, probably 85-90 feet up a slope and then down to the hole. Hit the putt really hard and it damn near went in, ending up a few inches from the hole.

There was some unhappiness today but I shot 77 / 77 over the weekend - easily my best two rounds in a long time. One weird stat - 19 GIRS, no birdies, but two birdies from chip ins off the green.
GBOGEY

Post by GBOGEY »

I forgot a story of golf happiness.

For years Mrs. Bogey has occasionally accompanied me for Sunday golf. During this time she has shown little interest in practicing or even keeping score, despite me telling her she has potential. The ladies in our new location, seeing that she’s a good athlete, has pushed her to play more golf BUT you need to get a handicap.

So now she has a GHIN number. Her first three rounds were all +110, mostly marred by too many big numbers. Sunday I had to add up her score three times to make sure it was right - 101! The difference- on the third hole I told her to stop thinking about par and focus on making double bogey or better. Total change in how she played after that.