The Tiger Thread

jattruia

Re: The Tiger Thread

Post by jattruia » Tue Apr 03, 2018 1:34 pm

jasonfish11 wrote:
Tue Apr 03, 2018 12:16 pm
DougE wrote:
Tue Apr 03, 2018 11:17 am
Tiger looking extremely good in his practice round with Phil and Freddie Couples. He's had 2 eagles already.
3 if you count yesterday's chip in at #2
It was a great chip, but blown a little out of proportion. He drove it into the fairway bunker, and pulled it out of there before hitting over the green.

legitimatebeef
dogs: 1

Post by legitimatebeef » Wed Apr 04, 2018 2:21 pm

no more polo shirts

legitimatebeef

Post by legitimatebeef » Sat Apr 07, 2018 10:37 am

I will confess, I read the "failing" New York Times. It's very good reporting and shit but they don't know jack about a) popular music 2) sports. Their blind spots in these areas are laughable. Here is a perfect example.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/04/06/opin ... ament.html

I'm not really trying to single out the NYT actually, but rather the whole current narrative about Tiger, that he's human now, no longer a soulless robot. He has matured. Now he acknowledges his fans. Now he looks happy on the course.

Motherfuckers are projecting. Seeing what they want to see to reinforce their precious narrative. Tiger was always human. I don't know about you people, but I always saw it. Was the guy ever not appreciative of the support he receives? I've been reading his blog since the mid-00s, and he has always expressed appreciation. And aside from those periods of trying to play through back pain, Tiger has always seemed like he was having the time of his life out there. That is why people watch. The guy lives to compete and it comes through the TV screen.
no more polo shirts

legitimatebeef

Post by legitimatebeef » Mon Apr 09, 2018 12:01 am

Tiger been struggling in major championships for a long time now, going back to YE Yang. Now, he is picking up where he left off. He should feel fortunate for the opportunity the bastid.
no more polo shirts

legitimatebeef

Post by legitimatebeef » Thu Apr 26, 2018 7:59 pm

no more polo shirts