Ballyhack Golf Club

MattF

Re: Ballyhack Golf Club

Post by MattF »

bkuehn1952.2 wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 1:56 pm A few questions:

A. How long was Connie Chen? Comparable to you guys?

B. No trees in play at Ballyhack? What were the hazards? Sand? Long vegetation? Water? It looks like a “links style” course.

C. What is JP like? He is in his 60’s? He seemed to score better than a “9” but maybe he just is comfortable there.

D. It looked like you played the course much shorter than TPC. 6,300 - 6,400 yards or so. THP always talks about “carnage.” It looked like everyone played at a length that allowed one to score a bit better. True? Any reason(s) given for not using 6,700+ yards?

E. Is it a pain to always take photos of everything and post them?

F. Any of the group better or worse at Golf than you expected?
A. The same as me and sometimes just a touch longer. Not as long as some of the other guys who could hit it 270+.

B. There was the odd lone tree but not woods. Main hazards were steep bunkers, elevation changes and long vegetation. No water, definite links style vibe.

C. JB is 2 and a bit years younger than me at 50. He's played there quite a bit so he is comfortable but I'm fairly sure he doesn't carry an official handicap so 9 is kinda sorta I think.

D. We played the Appalachian tees. 6430 yards 72.0 148, plenty hard enough for everyone I think. The back tees are 7294 yards 76.1 155 so way too much for pretty much anyone there. I also think it depends on the course, if it was pretty flat I'm sure we'd have been playing it from further back but the elevation changes at Ballyhack were pretty big. We played Sawgrass from the back because it's Sawgrass.

E. In a word, yes. As soon as we finished the hole I was posting a brief what happened, taking a pic of the card and attaching it to the post all before trying to tee off on the next hole...I was usually the last to tee off because of that.

F. I think Koske and Eddy were better than I thought but the others were about the same.