WTF did you buy today?

sjduffers

Re: WTF did you buy today?

Post by sjduffers » Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:47 pm

Wow! That is service. I would have never expected them to be covered after the kind of abuse (just heavy use, really) that Doug gives his shoes.

So, Doug, what about my Contours? Are they sending me a free pair too? Cuz' I wore them pretty good after nearly two years... and now can't find them for sale. Just kidding of course: I am really happy with my new FootJoy Sport LT in black. I think I'll get a pair in white too. :)
I'm gonna go low this time...

DougE

Post by DougE » Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:10 pm

I have 3 pair of Sports in my rotation, though they are not used nearly as much as my DryJoys. The three pairs I have are white w/green trim, w/blue trim and w/silver trim. They are not the most recent model. I think they are from 2015. They are very comfortable. I wear them with shorts sometimes, but rarely with long pants. I like the more classic look of the DryJoys with the more traditional look of pants. Just me.

I gave away a pair of nearly new, but older model Contours (size 11) to a kid at the club last year. His old shoes were falling apart. I didn't wear the Contours because they were white with brown saddle (I don't do brown), and they were just sitting around collecting dust. Would have sent them to you had I known. Timing is everything I guess. Oh well, you got some good shoes. When I bought my Sports they were $120+ retail. Sounds like they have come down in price a little bit if you got yours for $90.

sjduffers

Post by sjduffers » Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:28 pm

You did good giving your Contours (size 11) to that kid. I couldn't use them anyway (I need size 9). :) Yes, those Sports LT are super-comfortable and I wear shorts a lot (it's a California thing, I guess...), one more reason to not go with the DryJoys. I agree with you that they look good with pants in that classic look, but not as much with shorts. I picked the right shoes I think: aren't you glad I didn't go with Nike, lol? I think the Sports LT I got are last year's model and were discounted a bit (for a limited time) to reflect that.

ETA: I just ordered another FootJoy Sport LT pair in white. They'll be here next week.
I'm gonna go low this time...

legitimatebeef
dogs: 1

Post by legitimatebeef » Wed Jun 13, 2018 3:49 pm

A roll of lead tape from the online everything mart (aka Amazon).
no more polo shirts

bkuehn1952
dogs: 0

Post by bkuehn1952 » Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:27 pm

legitimatebeef wrote:
Wed Jun 13, 2018 3:49 pm
Going retro with lead tape on the toe (or heel). I like it. Everyone else in the golf world just loosens the dial on the driver shaft or the sole weights and adjusts it. :thumbs
Let's Play 36
GHIN Handicap: 7.8 … 9.2 … Let’s just say I am around a 14!

jasonfish11
dogs: 2

Post by jasonfish11 » Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:45 pm

bkuehn1952 wrote:
Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:27 pm
legitimatebeef wrote:
Wed Jun 13, 2018 3:49 pm
Going retro with lead tape on the toe (or heel). I like it. Everyone else in the golf world just loosens the dial on the driver shaft or the sole weights and adjusts it. :thumbs
Wooo hold up not everyone has an adjustable driver sir.
This is not burger king you can not have it your way.