WTF did you buy today?

srogers13

Re: WTF did you buy today?

Post by srogers13 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 3:11 pm

I forgot to post this while I was in Orlando (maybe just a little bit of alcohol involved,) but I purchased Ping g400 5 wood. I figure I can interchange it in my bag with my 3 hybrid depending on the course I am playing.
I will stand in the fairway, I want to be out of your range.

DougE
dogs: 1

Post by DougE » Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:51 pm

srogers13 wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 3:11 pm
I forgot to post this while I was in Orlando (maybe just a little bit of alcohol involved,) but I purchased Ping g400 5 wood. I figure I can interchange it in my bag with my 3 hybrid depending on the course I am playing.
It has to be one of the easiest fairway woods to hit off the deck, ever. Nice low profile head if I'm thinking of the correct club.

DougE

Post by DougE » Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:49 am

Project X Even Flow Blue Driver Shaft (for speculation purposes)
2 Doz Titleist AVX balls

MattF

Post by MattF » Wed Jun 19, 2019 12:10 pm

DougE wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:49 am
Project X Even Flow Blue Driver Shaft (for speculation purposes)
2 Doz Titleist AVX balls
I think you'll like it @DougE , I love the one in my driver and new hybrid.
Throw me another ball will ya!

legitimatebeef

Post by legitimatebeef » Wed Jun 19, 2019 5:18 pm

Got my Costco gloves. A) they run big and 2) the leather is thick. This ain't no Titleist Playa'z Glove, you can kiss that dream goodbye. :facepalm
Build a bridge and get over it.

jasonfish11
dogs: 2

Post by jasonfish11 » Wed Jun 19, 2019 6:36 pm

I like the mg gloves for $6.99 or whatever they cost. I normally would just throw in 2-4 pair of them when I buy balls to limit shipping costs.
Keep it short stupid.

Duke of Hazards

Post by Duke of Hazards » Wed Jun 19, 2019 6:37 pm

legitimatebeef wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 5:18 pm
Got my Costco gloves. A) they run big and 2) the leather is thick. This ain't no Titleist Playa'z Glove, you can kiss that dream goodbye. :facepalm
I have the Costco gloves. I actually thought they were pretty supple, and have been pretty durable so far. Then again, I never used the Titleist Players glove, so my basis for comparison is likely quite different.
Bluto did it

Duke of Hazards

Post by Duke of Hazards » Wed Jun 19, 2019 6:37 pm

jasonfish11 wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 6:36 pm
I like the mg gloves for $6.99 or whatever they cost. I normally would just throw in 2-4 pair of them when I buy balls to limit shipping costs.
You buy golf gloves in pairs?
Bluto did it

jasonfish11

Post by jasonfish11 » Wed Jun 19, 2019 6:37 pm

jasonfish11 wrote:
https://www.mggolf.com/golf-gloves/
Keep it short stupid.

jasonfish11

Post by jasonfish11 » Wed Jun 19, 2019 6:38 pm

Duke of Hazards wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 6:37 pm
jasonfish11 wrote:
You buy golf gloves in pairs?
Sorry I just buy 2-4 gloves at a time. No pairs.
Keep it short stupid.

Duke of Hazards

Post by Duke of Hazards » Wed Jun 19, 2019 6:40 pm

jasonfish11 wrote:
jasonfish11 wrote:
That's a pretty good deal, comparable to the Costco pricing. I might try those after I run through my Costco ones.
Bluto did it

DougE

Post by DougE » Wed Jun 19, 2019 7:01 pm

Though as I am sure you would expect, I only wear Titleist Players or FJ Soft Touch gloves (when I actually wear a glove). However, I have tried the MG and can attest to the quality. They are nice thin Cabretta leather, very well made and low priced. Don't know the Costco brand, but the whole point of a good glove is to be able to feel the club as close to having no glove as possible. In that regard, based on the "durability" of the Costco glove, I recommend the MG glove far and away more, for similar cost.

jasonfish11

Post by jasonfish11 » Wed Jun 19, 2019 7:18 pm

Duke of Hazards wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 6:40 pm
jasonfish11 wrote:
jasonfish11 wrote:
That's a pretty good deal, comparable to the Costco pricing. I might try those after I run through my Costco ones.
The first one I ever got lasted less than a month (practicing 3-5 days a week). At that time they sold them for $13.99 but buy one get one free. I sent them an email thinking nothing of it and they sent me 2 more gloves at no cost. Those 3 gloves lasted me over a year at the same usage rate.

I have been using them since and never had another problem. So in the 15-20 gloves I've used one seemed to be low quality.

I'm sure the big names have better quality control. But the customer service at mg is great and they will make it right if you get a bad one. Well to be fair I haven't had to talk to customer service in years, so that might have changed since then.
Keep it short stupid.

Duke of Hazards

Post by Duke of Hazards » Wed Jun 19, 2019 7:29 pm

I once bought a 5 pack of Mizuno golf gloves on ebay. They tore like paper, even just putting them on. Not sure if they'd been compromised in the heat or something, or just bad quality control, but they were crap. Yeah, I get that too thick of a glove is like taking a shower with a rain coat on and all that, but don't discount durability. It's important. You don't want to go around swinging and bust a hole in one.
Bluto did it

srogers13

Post by srogers13 » Fri Jul 19, 2019 11:29 am

My post should probably be what did I not buy today. I went to see about getting fit for an M6, and I took my M2 with me. Trackman showed I hit my M2 better, and it was not even close. I never did feel comfortable with any shaft or head combination on the M6.
I will stand in the fairway, I want to be out of your range.

bkuehn1952
dogs: 0

Post by bkuehn1952 » Sun Jul 21, 2019 3:24 pm

Bought some Footjoys from the Golf Warehouse. Hyper flex II whatever that means. Kind of goofy looking but they have a two year waterproof guarantee and that is my goal, dry feet. My current Footjoys are leaking and will be recycled. $85 with free shipping seemed a decent price.
Let's Play 36
GHIN Handicap: 7.8 … 9.2 … Let’s just say I am around a 14!

bkuehn1952
dogs: 0

Post by bkuehn1952 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:39 am

Well, appears I am blowing all my social security on golf-related equipment. Two years ago I purchased a Sun Mountain Ultra Light Stand Bag (5--something or other). I had always coveted Sun Mountain bags but they were too pricey for Mr. Bargain Basement. There was a special on a site for the Sun Mountain for around $150 and I jumped. Big Mistake.

About a month or two into its life, the low back pocket where I kept balls and tees developed a tear. All my balls and tees started ending up at the bottom of the bag. The tear was positioned so I could not fix it. Yes, I should have made a warranty claim immediately but I could easily put the balls/tees elsewhere and my GPS went into that pocket. I did not seem worth the trouble of shipping it back and waiting for a new or repaired bag.

Then one of the legs came unglued so every month or two I would set my bag down and the leg would not deploy because is was "dislocated." Crash. Well, it was easy to reinsert and I eventually glued it again.

During year 2 (post-warranty) tears have developed along the sides of the bag (one each side). When I put a club back, often the butt end sticks out of the bag. The collar that is supposed to prevent bag burn has worn through. And the zipper for the large pocket occasionally goes off track. The umbrella loop has never remained tight at the top so when I carry an umbrella, it often becomes "unattached" and I have to re-insert the end into the holder and re-tighten the top loop. I complained to Sun Mountain and they said "Gee, we are really sorry. Eff off."

So yesterday I saw a Callaway Hyper Lite Zero for sale at Carl's Golfland for $139.95 (regular price for suckers $250). I checked around and I could get last year's version for $115 (shipping & tax included). :fu Eff off Sun Mountain, I am moving my boys to Callaway.
Let's Play 36
GHIN Handicap: 7.8 … 9.2 … Let’s just say I am around a 14!

legitimatebeef

Post by legitimatebeef » Sun Oct 06, 2019 4:13 pm

Time to update my circa 2005 905R driver. Fuck this shit. Really tired now of getting outdriven by shlubs. It's not right. Probably go with TM. M2, 3, or 4. Whichever looks best at address. Looking forward to experiencing moveable weight technology, adjustable loft and lie, interchangeable shafts, etc. Jesus Christ I have missed out on a lot.

DougE

Post by DougE » Sun Oct 06, 2019 5:45 pm

@legitimatebeef TS2 or TS3 baby. :ohyeah Nothing prettier at address. Unless, of course, you like trendy-looking shit. :puke Then yeah, try the M series, the Ping G series and the Cobras too. All have performed well in the distance catagory. Yet, most every PLAYER I know, regardless of the brand driver they play, thinks Titleist makes the sweetest-looking drivers with the most classic styling. And now, since the new TS series seems to be standing up strongly to the M-series, G-series and every other brand driver in all the various distance tests being carried out by sites such as MyGolfSpy, WRX, Hacker's Paradise, etc., you can have a driver that looks super appealing and performs just as well, if not better than anything out there. Seems like a win-win to me. I definitely agree, you gotta like the looks of a driver at address if you want to hit it well.

And another bonus with a Titleist TS: Based on the past 10-20 years of golf equipment resale history, it's a pretty good bet that it will be worth a whole lot more on the used market in 2 years than just about any other brand out there. I realize though, that you tend to stick with clubs, like...forever, so that may not be a big consideration for you, Beef.

FYI: The new TS4 version = 430cc. Not quite as forgiving, but a smaller head, if you like that. (Personally, I do.)

legitimatebeef

Post by legitimatebeef » Mon Oct 07, 2019 10:15 am

Appreciate the insight Doug. Was hoping someone would fill me in. You are correct, I tend to run all my clubs into the ground so resale is not really a concern. To be honest I am eyeing TM because they a) are probably the best bargains and 2) dominate the pro tours of golf, which is good enough for this occasional golfer.