N.B.A.

legitimatebeef
dogs: 1

Re: N.B.A.

Post by legitimatebeef » Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:17 pm

That was totally harsh of me to rip on Lonzo Ball's face and zits. In fairness what I should have ripped on is his 38% field goals, and his free throw yips.
Build a bridge and get over it.

Duke of Hazards

Post by Duke of Hazards » Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:31 pm

Leave him alone, you bully. I like Ball. He's the most fun player to watch on the Lakers. Who's your team anyway? The basement dwelling Knicks?
Bluto did it

legitimatebeef

Post by legitimatebeef » Sat Jan 12, 2019 2:03 am

Ha ha they lost tonight on ESPN to the Utah Jizz. That Donovan Mitchell kid looks like in a different league than Lonzo Ball. Who went 3-13 from the field and as usual 0-0 from the stripe, on account of the free throw yips and what not. Don't tell me he is the most entertaining on the Lakers. In case you haven't heard yet, none other than LaBron James is on the Lakers now. This guy is a shade better than Lonzo Ball.

I don't really have a favorite team now that the Lakers organization has descended into Doucheville. I was a fan of the Jerry Buss Lakers man. Gasol, Odom, Black Mamba. Loved those championship teams. Ron Artest, Bynum, Ariza. They were a beast. Nowadays like any true fan of basketball I like Golden State. Have always liked the Spurs. Really I just like to see a good game. That is kind of gay I know.

bkuehn1952
dogs: 0

Post by bkuehn1952 » Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:47 am

I first became aware of the NBA in 1962, the year we moved to the Boston area. No NBA noise in Appleton, Wisconsin, back then. Just the Packers and Braves. My formative years involved the Bill Russell led Celtics beating down Wilt and the Sixers and then LA and Jerry West every spring. Those were the days. Sigh.
Let's Play 36
GHIN Handicap: 7.8 … 9.2 … Let’s just say I am around a 14!

legitimatebeef

Post by legitimatebeef » Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:09 am

bkuehn1952 wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:47 am
I first became aware of the NBA in 1962, the year we moved to the Boston area. No NBA noise in Appleton, Wisconsin, back then. Just the Packers and Braves. My formative years involved the Bill Russell led Celtics beating down Wilt and the Sixers and then LA and Jerry West every spring. Those were the days. Sigh.
You remember when the Pistons had Isiah Thomas, and Rodman, and Bill Lame-beer? Such a rivalry with Magic and Kareem's Lakers in the late 80s. Remember when Magic and Isiah used to kiss each other before each game? Eww! The Lakers won in '88 but Detroit came back to win the next year, which was Kareem's last. The final game was so sad. The Pistons had it in hand but the Forum crowd kept chanting "Kareem! Kareem!" Very emotional sports moment for this young boy. :breaking

legitimatebeef

Post by legitimatebeef » Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:14 am

Whoa, that reminds me. I once passed by Kareem Abdul Jabbar on an 8th street sidewalk. We made eye contact! It happened so fast it doesn't even seem real. Same thing happened with Robin Williams by the way, a couple blocks away. He and I crossed 3rd avenue going opposite ways and made eye contact. He grinned a little, like "Yep, it's me." I should start a celeb sighting thread. Around here you literally see everyone.

legitimatebeef

Post by legitimatebeef » Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:16 am

Duke of Hazards wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:31 pm
Leave him alone, you bully. I like Ball. He's the most fun player to watch on the Lakers. Who's your team anyway? The basement dwelling Knicks?
I love that Duke is always there to set me straight on pop culture ephemera phenomena such as the Ball brothers, or Elon Musk. :lolz

Duke of Hazards

Post by Duke of Hazards » Sat Jan 12, 2019 1:07 pm

Hey, I do what I do.
Bluto did it

bkuehn1952
dogs: 0

Post by bkuehn1952 » Sat Jan 12, 2019 8:35 pm

legitimatebeef wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:09 am
bkuehn1952 wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:47 am
You remember when the Pistons had Isiah Thomas, and Rodman, and Bill Lame-beer? Such a rivalry with Magic and Kareem's Lakers in the late 80s. Remember when Magic and Isiah used to kiss each other before each game? Eww! The Lakers won in '88 but Detroit came back to win the next year, which was Kareem's last. The final game was so sad. The Pistons had it in hand but the Forum crowd kept chanting "Kareem! Kareem!" Very emotional sports moment for this young boy. :breaking
Oh yea! Pistons should have won 3 in a row, including '88, but for Isiah's ankle injury. That kissing deal, thank God it did not become common.
Let's Play 36
GHIN Handicap: 7.8 … 9.2 … Let’s just say I am around a 14!

Duke of Hazards

Post by Duke of Hazards » Sun Jan 13, 2019 12:42 am

I only started watching pro basketball in Chicago's 3rd championship run (Shaq's rookie year). I regret missing out on the whole Showtime era, but I got to see Jordan play, which was cool. I was originally a Warriors fan, living in N. Cal at the time, with Chris Webber drafted my 2nd year? watching, so I have a soft spot for them. However, with the local market showing the local team, I've been watching the Lakers more and more. To me, I enjoy watching Lonzo play more than any of the others, even LeBron. LeBron's power game doesn't do it for me, although I respect him as a dude. I think Lonzo's dad is an ass, but Lonzo himself is one of the most talented passers I've seen in some time.
Bluto did it

legitimatebeef

Post by legitimatebeef » Sun Jan 13, 2019 1:16 pm

Wow, they got to you. I don't know much about basketball but Lonzo Ball does not look like a starting caliber NBA point guard. 2nd or 3rd reserve maybe. He makes a good pass in transition once in a while, and then it gets spread around the internet by the Big Baller army of trolls. Some of it is the NBA and the Lakers publicity machines, but all players receive that. With Lonzo Ball there is an insane amount of delusion being peddled and I am gonna go ahead an assume that most of it is inauthentic. Lavar probably hired a bunch of Chinese kids to troll the internet.

"Stats don't show his contribution."
"He has such great VISION."
"He doesn't need to score to make an impact."
"Making free throws in an NBA arena is hard, bro, let's see you try."

I'm sorry but any player who shoots under 40% from the line becomes a liability. How the hell can you hope to win a playoff series when your starting point guard is scared of the free throw line? How can he spread out a defense if he can't shoot from the floor? Passing is important but that is just one of many tools a big time NBA guard needs. He doesn't even lead his own team in assists by the way. On top of that the kid looks so goddamned indifferent out there. Too cool for school. In case you haven't noticed this doesn't really work well in the NBA. You have to be high energy.

If the Lakers and LiBron seriously want to challenge for the title, they need a better all around point guard than Lonzo. Quite frankly that LaBron is even tolerating this crap to me proves that he don't really give a shit anymore. I think he's all about his brand now. And drinking wine. I think the last Finals against the Warriors killed his spirit once and for all. Let's face it these Lakers have no chance at winning the western conference. Golden State isn't even their big problem. Lakers are 8th in the standings. I think LaBron will step up at the end and they will make the playoffs, but no better than 7th seed. They suck. Don't even get me started on Luke Walton.

I'm glad you are into the Lakers and all but there are so many better players in the league right now. When you see Lonzo go up against other young guards like Donovan Mitchell or Damian Lillard or Ben Simmons, or Doncic... you still think Lonzo is better? I'd say even over the hill Rajon Rondo is still better than Lonzo, yes even at throwing passes.

Duke of Hazards

Post by Duke of Hazards » Sun Jan 13, 2019 1:37 pm

Yeah, he's got some rough spots. He'll work it out.
Bluto did it

legitimatebeef

Post by legitimatebeef » Sun Jan 13, 2019 1:43 pm

legitimatebeef

Post by legitimatebeef » Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:40 pm

Lakers Cavs on tonight, on national TV again. :yess I will be watching, Lonzo with a magnifying glass, and taking notes, believe me.

Duke of Hazards

Post by Duke of Hazards » Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:06 am

Man, they all sucked. Terrible shooting all around from the field and stripe. Whole team seemed listless and low-energy, except for a few guys in spurts.
Bluto did it

jasonfish11
dogs: 2

Post by jasonfish11 » Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:45 am

So I know nothing about basketball. The only thing I have followed is that my managers son led the NCAA div 1 in scoring 3 years ago (James Daniel III). He's only 6'0" so he now plays in Europe somewhere.
Keep it short stupid.

legitimatebeef

Post by legitimatebeef » Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:41 am

Duke of Hazards wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:06 am
Man, they all sucked. Terrible shooting all around from the field and stripe. Whole team seemed listless and low-energy, except for a few guys in spurts.
He had a few good buckets in the first quarter but outside of that he sucked. You know who I am talking about. Yeah obviously other guys did most of the suckage for the rest of the game, but at least they tried. You-know-who disappeared after the half. I think he had 1 rebound and zero points in the 2nd half. That is inexcusable terrible. :puke

Duke of Hazards

Post by Duke of Hazards » Mon Jan 14, 2019 2:18 pm

legitimatebeef wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:41 am
Duke of Hazards wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:06 am
He had a few good buckets in the first quarter but outside of that he sucked. You know who I am talking about. Yeah obviously other guys did most of the suckage for the rest of the game, but at least they tried. You-know-who disappeared after the half. I think he had 1 rebound and zero points in the 2nd half. That is inexcusable terrible. :puke
Yeah, I can't disagree. I was seething in the 2nd half, yelling at him to do something. 'Do anything, fuckface! Beef's gonna flame me unless you move your ass.'
Bluto did it

legitimatebeef

Post by legitimatebeef » Mon Jan 14, 2019 3:31 pm

Lakers on national TV again tomorrow night :lolz You can run but you can't hide, Lonzo Ball.

Da poor Bulls are 10-33 but you know what? That's still better than the Cavs record, and they looked pretty awesome last night, holding the Sad Lakers to under 100 points.

legitimatebeef

Post by legitimatebeef » Mon Jan 14, 2019 3:41 pm

I must say, the Lonzo Ball conversation on the internet is hilarious. When Brandon Ingram or Kuzma or anyone has a bad shooting night, it's because they stink at basketball. But when Lonzo goes 5-14 or whatever... "at least he was trying to make shots". The fake hype around this guy is like Rickie Fowler, plus Michelle Wie, and then multiplied by the power of the sun. Lavar Ball could start a Jamestown-esque colony if he wanted to.

Duke of Hazards

Post by Duke of Hazards » Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:48 pm

Damn, GSW putting the stomp on the Nuggets.

Here's hoping that the Lakers can avoid looking like hot garbage against another Eastern conference bottom feeder.
Bluto did it

legitimatebeef

Post by legitimatebeef » Wed Jan 16, 2019 10:23 am

The Sad Lakers looked alright last night. Tough schedule coming up though. Games against opponents with actual winning records, more national TV exposure :devil

Duke of Hazards

Post by Duke of Hazards » Wed Jan 16, 2019 10:34 am

Yeah, they're a bad team without LBJ. With him, they're only pretty good. They really lack mid and long range shooting. Ball's got skills but his pass-first mentality doesn't work if the people that are on the receiving end can't catch and shoot or at least make a single pivot and put it up. They need a Klay Thompson, or even a poor man's version of him. I fear the next several games are going to be ugly.
Bluto did it

Duke of Hazards

Post by Duke of Hazards » Wed Jan 16, 2019 10:41 am

Also looks like the sleeping giant has awoken in Oakland. Boogie coming back in a couple days and maybe LBJ too. Can't wait for Monday.
Bluto did it

legitimatebeef

Post by legitimatebeef » Wed Jan 16, 2019 11:00 am

Duke of Hazards wrote:
Wed Jan 16, 2019 10:34 am
Yeah, they're a bad team without LBJ. With him, they're only pretty good. They really lack mid and long range shooting. Ball's got skills but his pass-first mentality doesn't work if the people that are on the receiving end can't catch and shoot or at least make a single pivot and put it up. They need a Klay Thompson, or even a poor man's version of him. I fear the next several games are going to be ugly.
Have you observed how Lonzo routinely drives to the basket only to dish it back out? And along these lines, have you also observed how no teams *ever* foul him on these drives? :lolz He gets no respect from defenses, they give him so many shots. And still he sucks. Last night was a good game for him but still shot under 50%. I only criticize because of the over-hype by the way. His skills are fine for a 2nd/3rd string point guard. But we the public were told that Lonzo was the next Magic Johnson, future hall of famer and at minimum a face of the franchise player. You can tell just by the look in his eyes, and the words that come out when he talks: he is not that guy. You know, people insisted once that Rickie Fowler was this exciting player, destined for greatness. Hype really works in today's world. It is easy to fall for it and harder than ever to separate fact and fiction.

I am getting too bothered by all of it, I know. My problem is, I am reading too much fan bullshit and unfortunately what they say is true--Laker fans are the worst! You cannot deny that, come on.