womans golf

legitimatebeef

womans golf

Post by legitimatebeef »

Nelly Korda is making the news, and I should have revealed this earlier, because now it looks like I am jumping on the wagon, but I have been a Nelly Korda guy over maybe the last year or so; as I have become obsessed with my own whacking, I have grown to seriously admire her action. I am sort of a beanpole too so I would even say I aspire to swing much like she does. I know that everyone and every bot on social media is currently professing their love for it but it is a faultless swing, she has it all. Beautiful singular plane action, smooth tempo, just the right amount of effort. I find her cute now too, even those traits (scrawniness, standoffishness etc) that earlier I found off-putting, now seem cute. I have seen her on TV a lot appearing to use foul language to herself, and I have to confess that is something I like in a woman. She scowls her way around the course, and I like that too. I saw In Gee Chun in person at the 2017 US Womans Open and boy is that a beautiful lady. She tries to smile at everyone though. The beefster even got a little nod from her as she walked by. Let's face it, she seems a little insecure and desperate for approval. Nelly so far has not danced like a monkey for the establishment. She keeps to herself. Think about it, on paper she is the golf goddess the American golf establishment has been dying for, for a long time now. A tall cute blonde, with deadly swing and elite athlete pedigree and swag, who is now a dominant number one. We will see how long she can keep control of her public persona. I am sure she fends off a lot of stupid shit. For a long time at the start of her career, she repped a Korean bank as her main sponsor. That said a lot about how different she is.
bkuehn1952.2

Re: womans golf

Post by bkuehn1952.2 »

Well, @legitimatebeef got on the band wagon at the right time. 5 in a row including a major and a match play title. There is going to be a lot of hoopla at her next tournament. It does not look like she is in the field for the JM Eagle LA Championship presented by Plastpro (that's a mouthful).
legitimatebeef

Post by legitimatebeef »

Big womans golf news. On Monday the U.S. Women's Open qualifier is returning to my very own local dump. They were here two years ago and I got to watch a couple of real pros. This year the field is even better. Eun Hee Ji, the 2009 USWO champion. I remember that pretty well, she beat out Cristie Kerr to win. Kerr was so gracious towards Ji when it was over. I was so surprised by that. Anyways she is attempting to keep a long USWO qualifying streak going, so probably the most compelling story here. Yani Tseng, 5x major champion and former #1 is also competing. That seemed interesting but then I looked up her results and she has not broken par in several years. I would not want to see her scraping it around.

Instagrammer Lily "Muni" He is also in the field. Wonder how many of her 825k followers will be uh, following her around.

Earlier in the week I was whacking my usual balls when a real deal LPGA pro rolled up with her caddie. She was decked out in logos, big loud Bridgestone staff bag. I snuck a couple glances at some swings and they were impeccable. On my way out I saw the stitching on her bag. Yuri Yoshida. I had never heard of her but she is an LPGA rookie this year. Kind of a big deal on the JLPGA. She has like 200k followers, which I guess is a lot, for a woman golf pro. There was an old white couple sitting behind her, watching intently. Maybe fans, maybe local hosts. In any case, I should have just gone ahead and gawked at her instead of trying to be all nonchalant like I am not noticing any of this. She is a popular golf professional, she is quite accustomed to being gawked at, particularly by middle aged men. She do not give a shit if I watch her hit some balls. I went back the next day hoping to see her again. But alas she is in LA trying to make the cut at the LPGA tournament. If she ends up trunk-slamming, I will expect to see her in Ojai again over the weekend.

On Monday I will be onsite observing, as well as whacking balls.
MattF

Post by MattF »

That's pretty cool. I hope you see some good whacking by the ladies out there.
DougE

Post by DougE »

We are hosting a US Open MEN'S Qualifier in 10 days here at the Club at P.B Dye. I already know at least a few Korn Ferry guys will be there as well as a bunch of mini-Tour players. We hosted the same qualifier here last year, too. The course is one of the toughest in Maryland. Actually, it was listed as the 26th toughest course in the country 20 years ago. (See below.) Not sure it still has that lofty position, but it is still much more than simply a tough challenge. Personally, I get to see many high-level players at our course. However, few are woman. I would much rather see a qualifier for them. I hope you get out to watch them, Beef. Many of those girls are really really good.
Attachments
IMG_0798.JPG
IMG_0798.JPG (4.21 MiB) Viewed 54 times
legitimatebeef

Post by legitimatebeef »

I am back from the course. They didn't let me whack balls goddamnit. But I got to watch some really good golf. Very impressed, and humbled. The amateurs were impressive as well. Yuri Yoshida, the LPGA pro I saw practicing last week, is kicking ass. I watched Lily "Muni" He for a bit. I was fascinated I will not lie. She is cute, she does not rock my world per se but she does for many people. Her boyfriend was there to support her. I thought that was sweet, he is a much bigger deal than her in the world of international sports. They make a cute couple, why not.

I did not stick around for round 2. The competition itself does not really excite me, I was just happy to scope out a few swings and get a load of some real ballers. Eun Hee Ji by the way, was a no show, I am not sure why. I was most interested to see her, a former champ. Hopefully she will qualify somewhere else.