January Golf!

legitimatebeef
dogs: 1

Re: January Golf!

Post by legitimatebeef » Sun Jan 13, 2019 2:09 pm

Tiny window opening up early in the week. I griped about soft conditions all winterlong but expect to find a very different Earth the next time I get out there. Probably will be frozen solid and play very short. I don't care. I feel so good about my so-called swing right now, anything is possible.
Build a bridge and get over it.

legitimatebeef

Post by legitimatebeef » Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:28 pm

I snuck in through that window today. Never got above 40 but sun was out and winds low. Felt quite alright out there. Ground was firm but only got a couple frozen bounces. First time at Dyker Beach in like seven months. Greens are in very rough shape. I didn't break 80 but I broke 40 on the front nine. On the back nine the greens are more shaded and thus even worse. I had five three putt bogeys coming home :facepalm Might try to get out again tomorrow, fuckin shit.

legitimatebeef

Post by legitimatebeef » Wed Jan 16, 2019 5:13 pm

Fuckin shit. Went out to Dyker back to back. Didn't feel like biking down to Staten Island today. Too cold. Didn't break 40 degrees same as yesterday. A little more breeze today. Kind of a crazy round, had a quad, a triple, some doubles, but also three birdies. Sampler platter you might say :facepalm Finished with a 86, fuck you. Two of the birdies were 5-wood approach shots to 7' and 3', and happened in the span of three holes. Really good stuff :up Then again I also almost whiffed a 3-wood on the penultimate hole en route to a quad bogey. Longest hole on the course, good drive but still miles away, tried to hit the perfect low stinging 3-wood into the green and I think I made contact with the topmost dimple of the ball, and it went about 10 yards, really pathetic. The conditions are insane, I am playing the ball down, I don't care. I am having fun. :ohyeah

Duke of Hazards

Post by Duke of Hazards » Wed Jan 16, 2019 8:33 pm

Were you the only one golfing? 30's is pretty cold.
Bluto did it

legitimatebeef

Post by legitimatebeef » Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:09 pm

Duke of Hazards wrote:
Wed Jan 16, 2019 8:33 pm
Were you the only one golfing? 30's is pretty cold.
No, I haven't been truly alone out there all season. For whatever reason, people seem to have a lower threshold lately. I have come to expect company on the course whereas I could swear it was more deserted in past winters. Today I saw around ten other people on the whole lot. Can still play in around 2.5 hours, just have to do a bit more driving and re-routing. You are right, it is cold. Strange things happen at this end of the temperature range. But I like it (obviously). I like that it is adventurous and difficult and not some polo shirt-wearing, throw back some beers, dick around with your schlubby, aging pals type of leisure activity. :onfire Anyhow it's still golf, the percentages are lower but you can still pull off cool shots and make putts and shit.