Team Golf Games

bkuehn1952
dogs: 0

Team Golf Games

Post by bkuehn1952 » Wed Oct 17, 2018 1:25 pm

Played a small "Chapman" event (just five 2-man teams). Interesting concept. Each player tees off. Then you play your partner's ball for the 2nd shot. At that point, you select the ball that is in the best position and whomever did not hit that ball last, hits the 3rd shot. The team alternates from there until it is in the hole.

The teams were set-up so each team had a similar total handicap. So my "9" handicap was paired with another's "30". There were a couple times when I hit after my partner teed off and it was still on the teeing ground (yes, he hit it 2-3 feet). Then we would go to my tee shot. He would have 110 yards to the middle, over a small creek. Yep, into the creek. Still, it was fun trying to manage our disparate games. I did not always hit great shots and he was not totally pathetic so we managed some pars, a birdie and shot 88.

It was interesting trying to decide which ball to play after we had each teed off and hit the opposite ball. If we took the ball he had hit last (my drive, his 2nd shot), I was hitting the 3rd, which was often a plus. Of course, if I hit my drive 230 and he hit it 50 yards versus his 150 yard drive and my 200 yard 2nd, we would be 70 yards closer but he would be playing the 3rd.

I recommend giving some of the team games (foursomes, fourball, etc...) a try. :up
Let's Play 36
GHIN Handicap: 7.8 … 9.2 … Let’s just say I am around a 14!

legitimatebeef
dogs: 1

Re: Team Golf Games

Post by legitimatebeef » Thu Oct 18, 2018 11:50 am

Never played it but sounds to me like a wonderful way to bond with strangers.
Build a bridge and get over it.

legitimatebeef
dogs: 1

Re: Team Golf Games

Post by legitimatebeef » Thu Oct 18, 2018 11:51 am

:puke
Build a bridge and get over it.