WTF did you shoot today?

DougE
dogs: 1

Re: WTF did you shoot today?

Post by DougE » Tue Feb 11, 2020 9:44 am

Duke of Hazards wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 12:20 am
I want to be able to hit a high (4 to 5 feet high) chip that carries about 10 to 12 feet and rolls out about a foot. If I could do that regularly and with confidence, I'd be happy.
Not really a chip. That's a mini flop. It's easy with the correct technique and the right wedge. I can explain it, but without demonstrating, it might sound confusing here.

Last night I started to reply to your chipping concerns with a very long instructional :school post and realized it was way too much to explain without visual reference. So I gave up and trashed it. I know I can help you, but maybe I'll do so in a private message so as not to bore the world (of 7 or 8 people) here who have no interest in reading through another of my long-winded posts.

I truly enjoy helping others (who ask me) with their short game. It's kinda my forte. I practice endlessly at it. I've helped turn some decent golfers at my club into lower handicappers, just through firming up their short games. I may not be a certified PGA teaching pro, but I actually helped one with his short game last season and he still makes reference to it when he makes the shot I helped him with. So, check your inbox in a little while for a slightly more in-depth answer to your earlier post from last night, not the post above about short flop shots.

legitimatebeef
dogs: 1

Re: WTF did you shoot today?

Post by legitimatebeef » Mon Feb 17, 2020 7:11 pm

+8 43 on the front nine at Marine Park with Ms. Beef. Everyone and their dad was out there today, spectacular weather. Instead of agonizing through 18 holes we decided to hit a couple buckets and then walk a leisurely nine--a sound, mature executive decision on my part. :up We both had fun and got good practice in. I hit some good irons today, I am especially excited about stupid golf. Which is probably why I didn't blow my stack over the slow play and general stupidity on display. Brooklyn crowd seemed extra Brooklyn today :puke
Build a bridge and get over it.